Chapter 37

NICHOLAS

I could really never go to sleep now.

I can't contact her, and the damn concierge did not want to give me her room number due to privacy, so I can't call her hotel phone.

Apparently she changed her name or used a false one whenever she goes into any hotel.

So, that was how the paparazzi or any media cannot get their hands on her.

Dammit! It was so foolproof that now I can't get my hands on her neither.

What is she doing? I hope she loses sleep over this as well.

(Next morning)

(Third Meeting)

"Good morning, Nico!" Manang Rosa probably heard me going down stairs as she kept on cooking breakfast.

I did not have a decent night sleep at all.

Too many questions boggled my mind that before I knew it, the sun was already shining through my windows.

I stood up from the foot of my bed to peek outside. I cracked my window open and pulled up the blinds.

Everybody seemed quite happy.

People were walking quickly to work.

Birds chirping.

The neighborhood baker waved his hand to greet a good morning as he was putting his chalkboard sign for today's special.

I just nodded my head in response as I quickly closed the shade.

Happy!

This happiness was giving me quite a headache.

With head throbbing, I went downstairs for my only salvation...coffee.

"How would you like your eggs?" Manang Rosa said as she spun around and almost dropped her skillet.

"Dyoskong batang ire, what happened to you?" She exclaimed as she noticed the dark circles in my eyes and my uber frizzy hair.

"Are you going to have another exhibit? Is that why you looked like you've aged 10 years your senior?" She asked concerned.

"Does it look that bad?" I said as I continue to drink my coffee.

"Er, yeah." She said making face.

"If you think that panda eyes and pruney skin are the "in" thing nowadays." She chuckled as she left the room.

"That bad, huh." I said as I massage my temple.

I sat on my counter chair and buried my head in between my folded arms on the table.

"Why can't I figure women out?" I mumbled.

"What was that?" Manang Rosa asked as she came back bearing some aspirin.

"I said..." I looked up and saw her concerned face.

"...ah! Forget about it."

"You know what you need, a good healthy breakfast." That's what I like about Manang Rosa, she knows when she should not talk anything further.

I groaned in frustration as I ate my food.