Chapter 67

(Last Meeting)

HANNAH

I woke up at exactly 5 in the morning.

I brushed my teeth and took a shower.

I made sure that I did not forget anything.

Cameras, check.

Laptop, check.

Clothes, check.

Passport, check.

Heart broken, check.

Sigh!

At 6:30 am, I went downstairs to eat something from the breakfast buffet of the hotel and went back up at quarter to 8.

I got my only luggage and sling bag and walked to my brother's room.

I knocked and Kuya Francis answered.

"You going?" my big brother said still on his pajamas.

"Yep." I answered.

"My flight will be at 11 o'clock but I have to be there three hours early for international flights."

"Yeah. I know." He said smiling.

"You want my driver to drop you off at the airport?" He offered.

"Nah!" I said. "I can manage. And you guys need to get ready too, eh!" I said.

He started to do his belly laugh.

"It's nice to hear your Canadian accent come out once in a while." He said.

"Yeah. I think I need to go home for sure before I lose it." I said laughing with him.

We stood there smiling at each other.

I really missed my brother.

"Come here!" He said as he gave me his most affectionate big bro hug.

"Thanks for coming and visit us soon sometime, okay, lil sis." He said while he kept me wrapped up tightly around his arms.

"You know you are always welcome to stay with us." He added as he let go.

"Can you say thanks to Ate Julia, as well? I never had the chance to say goodbye to her last night after the party." I said smiling.

"I will, bunso." He said in his brotherly tone.

"You better get going before the morning traffic gets you." He said sending me off as I started walking down the aisle to where the elevators are located.

"Be sure to call me when you landed." He yelled by the threshold.

"For sure!" I yelled back as I waved at him goodbye.

After I disposed my fob to the main desk and checked-out, the doorman flagged me a cab.

It was raining really hard so I took out my umbrella as I rode in the passenger seat.

Since I packed light, I only have a small hand carry as my luggage.

"When it rains, it pours." I said whimsically as I folded my wet umbrella while settling at the back seat.

The cab driver probably heard me and said, "Excusi?!"

"Nothing." I mentioned smiling.

The doorman told the driver in Italian to drop me off at the airport and which terminal to go to.

I tipped him as he said his thank yous.

I looked out the window as the rain continued to pour heavily thinking when will it stop and be done.