Chapter 13.1

(Flashback)

The day was supposed to be sunny and happy, but it was just the opposite.

It was dark and gloomy since this morning.

But the weather will never dampen my spirit.

I know she will come.

Moreover, she can never resists that attempt of defeating me or probably making me abdicate my post as the best artist in school.

This art audition of Mr. Garcia was the most subtle way I can think of to persuade her from coming back to my social circle.

I felt that once we stepped high school, we started to drift apart.

I noticed that she made different sets of friends while mine kept on expanding.

Girls, mostly, started to ask me on whether I have a girlfriend and I always tell them I already liked someone.

The problem was I just don't know if that person liked me back.

On that fateful day, I was even skipping all the way to the art club room.

I got to be the first one to audition, and sure enough I got in with no hassle.

Several fellow classmates followed and I still waited and waited for her to show up.

Did she forget about it?

She might have since she has a one-track mind.

However, if I leave my seat, I might missed her audition.

Lunchtime came but still no sign of her.

There will be an hour lunchbreak.

My friends were waiting for me outside the room to eat together.

I told them I just needed to go somewhere first.

I ran straight to her classroom, but nobody was there.

Duh! It's lunch break.

I then ran to the next place she might possibly be in, the newspaper club room.

She had recently joined this club and became the school's official photographer.

I found the school editor in the room, but still no sign of her.

Where is she?

Lunch break was over before I even started to bite on my sandwich.

I headed back to the art room expecting her to be there, anticipating her to be present soon.

However, the audition ended without her shadow being seen.

I was waiting for her to come back from the foot of the stairs near her beloved newspaper club room.

I saw her quarter to 4:00, humming happily as she went inside.

I ran up the stairs and went to her ready to pounce.

I think she did not notice me coming in as I grabbed her arm and she shrieked.

I asked her questions that I think bordered to why I hate her right now since she did not come to thorough explanations that I know only boyfriends have the right to ask their girlfriends.

What was I thinking?

She made excuses saying she was covering a provincial competition or something and had no more time for doing other stuff, I think.

I was not thinking straight back then that I almost slipped out that...

"But I love you." I mumbled.

I should stop that bad habit.

Good thing she did not hear it, hence she asked me again to repeat it.

Oh no! I don't think so.

The sky was getting angry too.

I think a storm was about to happen that evening but it was nothing compared to what I was feeling.

I was fuming.

I was mad at her for being so dense or maybe more to myself for not having the courage to tell her how I really feel.

The rain started as I was walking thus I arrived home soaking wet.

My parents saw my dripping pants and started scolding me about getting sick and all.

I was half listening.

That night, I went to my parents bedroom and told them everything.

Everything that I was feeling and want to do.

To my surprise, they were quite understanding.

I told them this was not puppy love, or first love or those kind of advertised feelings. This is the real deal.

And for them to believe a 15-yr old kid, I was lucky to have parents like them.

(End of Flashback)