Chapter 63

HANNAH

Why did they have to hit on me?

I looked disgustingly to several men who kept on flocking over me since we got here an hour ago.

One of them even had the decency to tell me that he had not seen me around. Another guy's outcry was, "Where have I been hiding all this time?"

I was about to retort that I have been with my brother and sister-in-law the whole 5 days and what other clever things I can spout out of my mouth when my brother held my arm.

So, I shut up.

They really were despicable.

Just because a woman got to wear fancy clothes...will that make her the Belle of the ball that quickly?!

When I voiced this out though, Ate Julia laughed.

Kuya Francis pulled me on the side and said his opinion that I have always been neglecting to look at the mirror again.

I said that I did look and did not see anything different.

At that instant, he put his hands up and just said, "I give up. Julia, put some sense onto this girl."

Apparently, those words cracked up my sister-in-law.

She then asked me to take a walk with her to the hallway.

As we were walking, we stopped in front of a mirror and she explained to me the intricacies of femininity.

This is what she said, "Hannah, without you knowing or being aware of it, you have grown up into a very beautiful woman. You have the bearing to be the best not only in what you do but in how you act as well."

"If you have not notice it yet, I need to be quite frank with you..."

She said smiling as we looked at my reflection on the mirror with my venus cut black gown.

She then whispered, "You are a knockout, lil' sis."

My eyes have gone wide in shock as she kept on smiling mischievously.

"Now," she continued, "knock 'em dead!" She commanded and somewhat I followed.

And that was why I am trying really hard not to knockout any of these "parasites" with my left punch.

Speaking of parasites, a leech is trying to worm his way towards me.

"Oh my! You're looking very exquisite Hannah." Mastro Sebastian said as he dissected me from head to toe.

"And where in the world is your 'boyfriend'?" He continued his assessment as he asked about the one guy I was trying desperately to avoid.

"Oh yeah! He is with Alicia Mendes right now." He said laughing.

"I'm sure your little charade about being together had dissipated since he is with his real girlfriend." He continued.

I, on the other hand, just stared at him looking confused.

What was this boozo saying?

I did not quite get where he is heading to with this conversation.

And what was this about Nicholas and a girl named Alicia.

I just shook my head.

He was about to say some more things when I felt a familiar warm hand around my waist.

"Is he bothering you, babe?" Nicholas said as he looked at me with assurance.

"Er, no." I said as I tried to recover quickly.

"He was actually about to leave." I said as I glared at Mastro Sebasatian.

"Hey, Signor Nicholas, you don't have to go on with this. The world already knows that you are going out with Alicia Mendes and not her." The sleaze-bag stated.

"That was just a mistake on their part. I was never in any relationship, or better yet, in any form of communication with the girl on that caption." Nicholas said.

"But as for the girl on the photo," He stopped and looked at me tenderly, "that was an entirely different story." He said as he smiled dashingly.

I almost swooned.

Almost.

"Now, please stop bothering my girl, or else..." I heard Nicholas hissed the words that you do not often hear a gentleman of his status say.

"O..okay.", was all Mastro Sebastian stuttered as he skimped away from us towards the crowd.

"I don't think he will bother you anymore." Nicholas said as he continued to hold my waist while we looked on to the pretentious jerk bothering other people this time.

It goes to show that a sleaze-bag will always be a sleaze-bag.

"I think you better let go of me before other people think we are dating." I said consciously.

He let go quickly and for some reason I suddenly felt cold and incomplete.

"Look, I'm not here to fight." He said softly.

"I'm here to apologize for whatever I have done." He continued.

"And I'm also here to say, " he muttered, "goodbye."