Chapter 44

NICHOLAS

I can't help but grin to what Kuya Francis said.

He knows.

As we shook hands he pulled me to say something for my ears only.

"Congratulations, you rascal!" He whispered.

"You did it. Now make sure you take care of her or else." He threatened as he tightened his grip on my hand.

Apparently, my affection for Hannah had not gone amiss to her big brother, whom I consider as my mentor as well.

We sat on our designated seats as I asked, "How and when did you know?"

"I had this feeling since you guys were in high school, but I was not too sure." He said softly so that no one can hear.

"And then, na-confirm ko noong nag-train ka sa bahay ko para sa painting exhibit mo. Kasi lagi mong tinatanong kung uuwi ba si Han." He continued in Filipino so no one could understand.

"That was those two years when she was so busy at work that she hadn't had the time to drop by and visit France."

He finished still looking straight at the reporters and waving at them as if he did not just reveal and unfold my biggest secret.

"Whew!" I said stunned.

"That was great Kuya!" I commended him for his ability to being a sleuth.

"Just so you know, it was not only me who noticed this. My parents, my wife as well as my older sister knew." He continued to break the Pandora's box.

"Huh?!" I said.

Was I that obvious?

I guessed I was.

"But don't fret. I have always wished that you're the one who would end up with my lil' sis." He said as he patted my shoulder.

I was about to correct his statement that we are not yet officially a couple when he continued.

"She's a handful though. So make sure you can handle her." He warned jokingly.

"By the way, I sent the new blueprints to your assistant. You might see some renovations. I also visited the site earlier and in due time it will be the best out there." He mentioned our latest business project.

Our group is expanding the gallery to a bigger shop for art supplies. I asked Kuya Francis for design ideas.

He then glanced at me again and saw that I was not paying attention at all.

"Now, if I could just find Hannah, we could have dinner after this is over." He said as he scanned the room.

This guy surely knows what catches my drift.

"You don't know where she is?!" I suddenly said.

"Yep!" He said as if this usually happens.

"Why? You don't know where she is as well?" He said grinning.

I nodded.

"Typical Han." He said in agreement.

I looked at him in disbelief.

Where is she?

I was about to ask him more questions when Mastro Lucciano took over the podium to officially launch the event.

Anyone in the room namely the media would be okay to ask something.

It was like a riot, not physical, but verbal.

Queries were thrown back and forth, mostly pertaining to future plans and such.

My seatmate got the most questions while I just kept an eye on my favorite writer.

Then, I got the question that I was trying to avoid all this time.

"This question is for Signor Reyes." Said a guy with bold letters on his ID tag saying he is from a known art magazine.

"Are you dating anyone right now?" He asked slyly.

It was obvious that he is baiting me to deny it.

Since that was what I do in the past, but today he's in for a surprise.

"I am." I said directly to the mic.

The guy stepped back probably shocked from what I revealed so easily.

I saw Kuya Francis holding his laughter beside me.

"And may we asked who are you dating right now?" He continued as the snoopy writer regained his composure.

"I will leave it at that." I answered.

Now, top that Hannah.

Show yourself!

I thought as I kept looking for her whereabouts.

I can hear loud cries from girls on the side.

They really wailed about this issue.

"All I want to say is that I love her very much and I want her to be by my side always." I finished as I glanced at my "future" brother-in-law from the corner of my eyes.

He looked at me with a satisfied smile.

Apparently, the paparazzi were not able to attain a good picture of us earlier so the identity of Hannah stayed a mystery.

"Can you give us other details?"

"What does she do?"

"Was she the model you got linked to last year?"

They continued to bombard me with questions.

I just kept on smiling with my Cheshire grin as Mastro Luciano took over and said that the interview time had concluded.

"Saved by the bell." I heard some of the media men muttered.

I stood up together with my co-artists and exited the room as I felt them tap my shoulders and some of the older women even hugged me giving me words of advice.

"Congratulations!" They all said in unison.

"It's about time."