Chapter 7

NICHOLAS

"Name?" A lady with a rather severe tight bun asked me at the front of the gallery.

"Nicholas Reyes." I said huffing and puffing.

It took me 30 minutes to find a parking spot for my bike and it was at the opposite building so I have to run.

"You know you almost got late, right?" she said.

Stating the obvious much? Slap my face lady while you're at it.

With patience running thin, I did not go on her level.

Instead, I did my mega-watt smile and overflew my charm.

"Well, I'm sorry about that, Signorina..." I quickly looked at her name tag, "...Bella. Such a beautiful name, coupled with a beautiful...uhm...face." I added.

Ahh! It sounded so cheesy. I hope it works, as I crossed my fingers for good luck.

And that was when she finally looked at me. "Oh my, you're Signor Nicholas Reyes," she said in awe.

That's what I just informed you! I thought slightly gritting my teeth but still holding my fake smile intact.

"I have always been a fan. In fact, I have attended one of your classes at the Uni. It was amazing!" She gushed. I can't believe this lady can gush, a total 360-degree turn of personality.

"Uhm, you did not bring anyone with you?" She said smiling shyly as she coyly tucked an imaginary strand of loose hair behind her ear.

Reality wise, her hair will never get out of place with all the hair by-products she put on it. It looks as hard as a rock.

But still, any moment now she will release that tight bun of hers and do a shampoo commercial in front of me.

Ahh! The joys of flirting.

"I had no one to bring." I said, still fake smiling.

Then I heard the introduction from a booming voice inside, must be Mastro Lucciano.

This is it! My escape plan.

I had to finish this.

"Bella," I said softly.

"Hmm..." She answered dreamily.

I think she proposed something about me bringing her as my date and such to the whole event. Good thing I was not paying attention.

"...I need to get in now. They're starting." I said as I practically ran in, grabbed my ID and things, and hurriedly found an empty spot near the door, and most importantly, away from her.

Whew!