Chapter 54

HANNAH

I was not productive at all this morning.

I kept on trying to finish my column but I was blanking out all the time and before I knew it, tears will start forming until they fell out.

I then gave up and just accepted what was happening.

I am missing him so much.

The thing is, I do not even know where we stand.

I do not even know what we call our relationship.

Why can't he just be honest with me?

I did not even know if he really had a girlfriend or not.

I felt confused not with just the latter but also with what I feel.

I went back to my room and grabbed my compact camera and sling bag as I left hurriedly.

I ran onto Ate Julia along the hallway.

She was about to asked me to go out and do some girl bonding when I told her I'll pass this time.

She seemed to understand.

I left the hotel.

The sun was blaring down on my face as I put on my sunglasses for protection, and to probably hide my swollen eyes from the public as well.

I found out that they have a hop on hop off bus tour in Florence.

So I purchased one ticket and marveled at the sights the Italian city has to offer.

I momentarily forgot my heart twitching every millisecond as I continuously looked at amazing art pieces from Michelangelo to Botticeli.

I conversed with tourists.

Some were made up of a group of American students, others were composed of families, and the rests are honeymooners.

As I sat atop the double decker bus, I tend to look at them longingly.

I do not truly understand but for some reason I am longing for something.

And then I saw a couple kissed as we were passing by statues.

For an instance, I remembered my lips feeling hot.

I touched it as flashbacks of Nicholas kissing me went by.

And I started crying silently once again.