Chapter 43

(Flashback)

There was only a select few who calls me by my full name.

I can even count them with one hand; my dad, my mom, sometimes my boss, and then Nicholas.

I remembered the first day I met this snooty little kid from the big city.

He approached me with such confidence as he introduced himself, or more like interject his ways into my already awesome life.

"I'm Nicholas. Or some people call me Nico." He said haughtily for an 8-year old boy.

"I heard that you are quite famous in this place when it comes to art competitions." He continued looking at me from top to bottom.

Is this new kid sizing me? Is he even for real?

I was so caught up with my fame back then that I arrogantly answered back with a cool, "Yeah! What's it to you?"

"Well, I am just here to let you know that your fun filled days are over. I will defeat you." He said condescendingly.

"Huh?!" I was extremely confused at what this twerp was saying.

"Oh! And by the way..." He started.

"...don't call me Nico, I remembered that only my friends call me that. And since you're my rival, Nicholas will do just fine." He finished coolly as he walked away.

The nerve of that boy. I should have given him a full frontal kick back then to jumpstart his brain.

And from that day on, I have always called him by his full name.

In my point of view, it just felt natural to call your nemesis his full name so people will immediately know who you have defeated.

(End of flashback)

I just did not comprehend that the name that I thought was a bane of my existence became so close to my heart.

Now, where was I, oh yeah!

As of this moment, I am sitting on this uncomfortable chair as I pulled my tacky Pikachu shirt from being tucked too much in my denim.

Yes people! I am dressed as an otaku today.

I scratched my head as I watched the conference room being filled with people.

I suddenly giggled when I felt my phone vibrating from my back pocket tickling me from behind.

My co-media men, and I mean most of them were male, looked at me weirdly, thinking what does a nerd like me was doing in the room.

I just shrugged.

I pulled out my phone and saw 5, no make that 12 continuous text messages from Kuya Francis, Ate Julia and Nicholas asking me where am I.

I did not answer them since it will defeat the purpose of me being in disguise.

I set up my DSLR camera.

It was not as big as these other photographers' but it's quite powerful and comparable to what they are using.

I was still in the middle of putting on my wide-angle lens when the top artists started piling in like they were Hollywood stars.

I was smiling as nonstop camera flashes and people yelling different names to look at something or direct them to stare at someone.

It feels like a photo shoot for some reason.

Then, I saw my brother making his entrance and sat in the middle while the rest were seated randomly, I guessed based on when they came in.

I then saw Nicholas enter as he scanned the whole room like a sniper.

He sat next to my brother.

They shook hands. Kuya even hugged him as he simultaneously patted him on the back.

I saw Kuya Francis whispered something in his ear.

Whatever he said made Nicholas grin from ear to ear.