Simply Complicated

6 months later

"Honey, I'm home!" I said as I kicked the door closed. Trying to balance my work bag and the takeout sushi I picked up on the way home. I get the load get lighter and glanced up from taking my shoes off at the door.

"How was your day gorgeous?" Demi asked before gently leaning up to kiss my cheek without smashing the takeout she of course took from my hands. We made our way into the kitchen.

"It was good. I'm off tomorrow thank god. I'm ready for a day with my girl." You told her while grabbing plates and setting them on the table. "What about you? How was the studio?"

She looked at you lovingly. "Still singing about you. But it went good. I actually got a call from Scooter today and I want to talk to you about something." Demi looked a little nervous, so you pulled her into you and kissed her lips.

"Talk away babe, I'm all ears." She laughed at you.

"Well, they wanna make another documentary. About me. Like.. how it's been since the first one. And I need to know how you feel about it. I'm sure they're gonna drag skeletons out and I know you know everything but you'll be in it this time. How are you feeling about it? I mean.. I really want to do it Y/N but if you're not comfortable with it we won't. You know that." She rambled on. God she was beautiful. Nearly a year together and she still took your breath away.

"If it's something that's important to you then I say we do it babe." You told her pushing a piece of hair behind her ear. "I know you're worried about me and how I'm handling all of this but I promise we're good. I say you call him back and ask him when we film!"

It had been crazy. Getting used to all the paparazzi in your face, blocking your car, following you around. It was insane. Your picture was in every media outlet possible. But none of that mattered because you came home to Demi at the end of the day. That's what made everything perfect. After dinner Demi went into her studio to call Scooter and discuss the documentary and you went into the basketball court to shoot around for a little bit. After about 25 minutes you heard the the door close and you looked back over your shoulder. Demi walked in in leggings and one of your LA Sparks t shirts. You stood with the ball in your hands until she walked up and smacked it out. Shooting it right into the goal.

"I see you've learned a thing or two from me. What did Scooter say?" You said laughing. She looked at you with a smirk.

"That I did babe that I did. He said that filming would be in 2 weeks. Everything's set. Now just to tell my truth." Demi said looking down at her feet. You touched her chin and lifted her head to look at you.

"Your truth is all that matters and I've never been more proud of you." You kissed her cheek. You hated how she had those thoughts sometimes. It's like she didn't even need to voice it now though. You just knew. You knew when she was sad. You knew when she was self conscious of her body. You knew when she was hating herself. You knew how to fix that, tell her you love her, tell her she's beautiful. But your favorite part. Your favorite part was that she was fixing it on her own. That's what you loved about her. That she didn't need anyone to save her. That she saves herself every time. But what you did remind her was that she wasn't alone, and that she wouldn't be alone ever again. And then.. an idea struck. To prove to her that she would never be alone again. You all had talked about it. You knew it was going to happen. Hell, you were already practically married. And in that moment you wrapped your hands in her hair and kissed her. You kissed her with love and passion and hope and faith. You poured your everything into that kiss. You felt her hands go around your waist and up to the middle of your back. Her nails dug lightly into your skin as you heard a moan escape her mouth. You pulled back and kissed her nose.