Chapter 36

Hero's POV -

Who knew that watching her walk away would cut me, I feel like a knife is being dragged through my chest, tearing it's way through my heart. It's overwhelming and new to feel such things. She disappears from view and I sit, completely numb at the sensation in my chest.

I waited for my flight until the last minute, I considered changing and following her to Perth but we need this. We need to see how we make this work and start to think about the reality rather than staying in our bubble. I send her a quick text before boarding.

'Safe flight Jo. Already counting down the days. Love you x' once Ingmhit send I remember I need to message a morgz too, give him the details of my flight so I'm not waiting around when I land. After sending him a quick update I continue and board my flight.

Arrivals -
As soon as the doors open I feel the cold air hit my face, this is England I think to myself. No more warm nights and poolside bars. That was a long ass flight, I watched a movie, listened to some music and tried to think of anything other than my girl but it didn't work. I found myself wandering back to her hopelessly until I nodded off. As I gather my bags from the conveyor belt and head outside lighting a smoke as soon as I reach the pavement my phone buzzes, Morgz name flashing.

'Dude, hurry up. I'm in Carpark one and it costs a bomb. Your paying'. I laugh at his tone, and tell him I'm on my way. I missed the guys whilst I was away and his call made me forget I had ever been gone. As I approach the car Morgz and Felix jump out bro hugging me and punching me in the sides. Once we set off the questions start flooding in. Jo and I decided to tell our family only, for now atleast. We didn't want to risk it getting out via a friend of a friend not until we had made some sort of progress in our unfamiliar territory but these guys were family, I had known them my whole life. I decide to skip the romance novel for now and just answer what I can about the film, cast and Atlanta.

When we arrive at my flat the guys tell me about a party for my home coming but right now I just want to hit my mattress and sleep. I make some excuses and tell them I will call after I have slept. Slightly pissed off but understanding they take off and leave me to it. I call my Mom and promise to visit once the jetlag subsides and I check through some emails. As I shut off my phone I hear a text and my chest tightens, is it my girl.

'Landed safe babe, Kat is here to get me. I hope you had a good flight. Be safe and call me when you settle back in. Love you'

As soon as I read love you my eyes close and I drift off happy with her words.

Jo's POV -

I am so glad to be home, flying really isn't my favourtie. My flight was OK but long. I grab my bags and head to the car park to meet Katherine. As soon as she spots me she runs and grabs me tightly making me drop everything I was carrying.

'Jojo, bloody hell I missed your face. That was the longest trip and you hardly called so you better have a good reason why!'she scolds playfully.

'Oh my god, already with the interrogation Kat. Give me a minute to get over the journey atleast' I sigh

'I want to know everything, no details left unspoken Jojo'.

As I take my seat and buckle my belt I start from the beginning telling Kat everything that happened during the trip. She looks dumbfounded but smiling which puts me at ease.

'So you went away as career driven Jo and came back like a love sick puppy, that sure is some change. I mean a good one, you look great, you look like you found yourself and are glowing but it's a shock. Mom and Dad will freak, you know that right?' she looks at me with wide eyes.

'They won't freak, stop being so dramatic. Plus we are just figuring it out, it may not work out' I don't like my statement but it's an honest one. As we continue our drive Kat explains that we are all going on a family trip. We all have 2 weeks clear on our schedules so we leave tonight for a safari. I am so excited, I've never been in a safari. My thoughts were to focus on my family to help with missing Hero so this couldn't have happened at a better time.

I get home and fill everyone in on my trip as I had to Kat during the drive. My Mom and Dad look pleased, shocked but pleased. Before long we are all packing and heading back on the road for our adventure but I texted Hero quickly to say I arrived back safely. I hope he had a good flight. Returning to his family and friends was sure to keep him busy, the thought made me relax knowing we are both going to have a distraction for a while atleast. As the drive continues so does my thoughts about the beautiful man back on London. I wonder what he is doing.

'Right, everyone ready for some family bonding. We have a short flight to a remote area and when we land we be taken to our cabin. Guys, just a word of warning. The cell reception is non existant here' my Dad announces. Shit! No reception, this isn't ideal. The old Jo would be thrilled about this, not being one for social media anyway the break would be welcomed but this version hates the idea of being cut off from the outside world and by that I mean Hero, I check my cell and see 1 bar of signal so decide to message him just incase.

Babe, my family decided to go away for the week. We are all in the car heading off on our adventure now. I will try and keep in touch. I miss you already x

Atleast he will know what's going on now and maybe I will be lucky and find somewhere my phone will work. A week without a message or speaking isn't top on my list of fun.