Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

The voices calling me they get lost in and out of time

I should've seen it glow but everybody knows

That a broken heart is blind

"Alexander, bedtime." I sighed, looking at A.J. who was currently not listening to me.

What a surprise.

Not.

"I no tired. You sleep."

"Alexander. It's nearly ten, I've already let you stay up an hour past your bedtime. Mummy is going to have my head if he find out."

"Mummy not know. I no sleep."

"Squirt, Santa doesn't come unless your asleep."

"Santa come anyways. I no sleep." A.J. shook his head as he started to sway back and forth on the floor. I wish I could just give up and let him have his way, but dammit I knew Niall would be pissed when A.J. was grumpy tomorrow.

"I guess you leave me no choice." I said, giving a big sigh like it was a big deal that I had to do this. I grabbed A.J.'s blanket from off the couch before carefully walking over to him. I scooped him up into it, trapping his arms in it.

"No. Daddy no." A.J. whined, looking up at me in disbelief.

"I warned you squirt. Now off the bed we go." I carried him like a baby to his room, ignoring all sounds of protest as I did so. I didn't need two grumpy people tomorrow.

We all needed to be happy.

It's bloody Christmas.

"Daddy. Down." A.J. squirmed, looking at me expectantly as I finally reached his room. I didn't put him down until we reached his toddler bed. It had been a recent change.... I guess it's actually been about six months, but it was still a rough time when it happened.

It meant he was growing up, which was something I didn't want.

It didn't matter if we were having two more babies... A.J. is always going to be my little bean.

"Daddy." I hadn't realized I spaced out until A.J. whined yet again.

"You're going to sleep Alexander." I said as I lay him down into his bed. He glared up at me and jutted out his bottom lip in the form of a pout.

"I no sleep."

"Please squirt? I promise that as soon as Santa comes I'll come get you."

"But I no tired Daddy." I sighed, before looking up at the ceiling. I was asking god why he gave me such a difficult child.

Why couldn't he just say yes to everything I say? He does for Niall.

"What will help you sleep?" I sighed after a moment, looking back down at A.J.

"Mummy sing. Sing your wedding song." A.J. smiled, his upset expression now one filled with excitement. I had to stop for a second... I couldn't even remember what we danced to...

Jesus.

A.J. was right.

I'm old.

But then A.J started to hum the tune, and it all came back in a flash.

"Alright squirt. I guess I can sing." I whispered, smiling down at the three year old boy.

"So honey now, take me into your loving arms. Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars...."

--------

"Is he asleep?" Niall asked the second I walked into the bedroom.

"Yeah. I swear to god though that if the twins are like him when it comes to bed time, I'm quitting. I'm gonna move to god knows where so that I can die alone. "

"Don't be so dramatic. It's a part of parenthood Haz."

"Yeah yeah. Whatever you say." I sighed, stripping down to my boxers before pulling on a pair of sweat pants. Niall turned the page of his book before looking up at me.

"What are you reading anyways?" I asked, climbing into the bed with him. I rested my head on his shoulder as he turned yet another page.

"It's a baby name book. I needed some inspiration because well... I'm not good at naming things."

"Like I'm any better... If we had my way we probably would've named A.J. slut dresser."

"I'm glad one of us isn't an idiot." Niall whispered, giggling a little as I glared at him.

"You're so mean to me."

"I say it out of love babe."

"Whatever... What do you have in mind?"

"Well for the boy I have Axel, Jonah, Jonas, and Jed." Niall pointed to the little post it note that he had on the side of his book, and sure enough there was all the names.

"And the girl?"

"Caitlyn, Jensen, Aspen and Audrey."

"Hmm... I like Axel or Jonah for the boy... and I like Audrey or Jensen for the girl."

"See I like Jonah or Jed the most for the boy... and I like Jensen or Aspen for the girl." Niall said quietly, biting his lip as he looked at me.

"So we both agreed on Jonah and Jensen, why don't we just do that?"

"Jonah and Jensen... They would have the J in common, which is kinda cliche but I think it's cute." I nodded my head in agreement as I moved my hand to Niall's tummy. I started to stroke it, enjoying the feeling of the hard skin.

"Jonah Daniel and Jensen Marie." I whispered, almost absentmindedly. Niall looked at me confused for a second, but I was starting to trace letters into his stomach.

"Why Daniel and Marie?" He whispered.

"My dad's name was Daniel... and well I liked the way Marie sounded with Jensen."

"Jonah Daniel Styles and Jensen Marie Styles...." Niall smiled, closing the baby book before he laying down on his side for a moment.

"I love you Harry Styles." He whispered, kissing the tip of my nose and then the corner of my lips.

"And I love you too... My silly little slut dresser."

----------------------------------------

ITS SO FLUFFY IM GONNA DIE.

Wait.

That's what this entire book is pretty much.

Welp.

I guess I'm dead then.

BUT THE TWINS NAMES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN. I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THEM.

Kristie doesn't.

She's gonna die.

But not because of the fluff.

Anyways, you guys are like 50/50 on me posting the spin off and like idk what to do. I mean I wanna post it, but I also feel like I should wait till this story is over...

Also, I have two ideas for what to do when this series is over. I can do a small short story of A.J. as an adult and his life when he gets older, but I also have an idea for like a oneshot book dedicated just for this series.

Basically you guys could request what you wanted to see, I would write it. I would also write a few bonus scenes that I didn't post in the previous books (like the alternate ending for Shiver (*cough* Nalex wedding *cough*))

But yeah.

That's all I have to say about that (Forrest Gump anyone?)

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx