Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

And you can lie with me,

With your tiny feet

When you're half asleep,

I'll leave you be.

The twins were two months premature. Apparently the impact from the car hitting us forced Niall into early labor, but due to the fact he didn't have all aspects of a woman he was rushed into an emergency c-section.

Jonah was born first, but he didn't cry for the first minute of his life, and when he did it was like music to his ears. Niall didn't get to even see him before he was whisked away from him. Jemma was born just a few minutes after her brother, but unlike her brother she came out screaming. She too was taken away before Niall got a chance to really get a look at her.

News on the twins condition had yet to be shared even though it had been almost hours since they were born. Niall was barely holding it together, the worry clear on his face for the ten minutes that I was allowed in the room. A nurse found me in Niall's room, frowning when she saw I was holding Niall as close as I could.

She of course took me away anyways, even with me begging her to let me stay. So that was how I found myself once again in my hospital bed with Liam standing in the door. I was currently pouting at the fact Liam wouldn't steal another wheel chair for me.

It wasn't like I was asking him to rob a bank or anything.

"Stop pouting. It's not cute." Liam said, shaking his head at me as I glared at him.

"This is ridiculous. They could've at least had the decency to put me in the same room as Niall dammit."

"Niall has injuries different than yours Harry. He needs to be around nurses who can take care of him."

"This is torture Liam."

"Stop being so over dramatic."

"I have a right to be over dramatic."

"I'm sorry princess." Liam smirked, which in turn made me wish I could stand up out of this damn hospital bed.

"I'm gonna kill your turtle." I hissed, glaring at Liam as he chuckled at me. Did he not understand the severity of this situation?

He truly was a stupid fucker.

I don't even feel sorry for him.

"Your threats mean nothing to me Harry, you should know this by now." I continued to glare at Liam, hoping that if I kept it up he would break underneath it and kidnap my husband for me.

But of course I seem to forget Liam has a heart of stone unless it involved Zayn or Oliver.

"How long do I have to stay here?" I groaned, throwing my head back onto my pillow in defeat. Liam wasn't going to break me out.

Stupid fucker.

"I don't know Harry, I'm not a doctor."

"Well shit Liam, here I was thinking you were."

"Oh fuck off."

"I would, but I'm on bed rest for whatever reason. I'm fine. I feel fantastic, so go find an actual doctor and convince him to sign the release forms. I refuse to lay here when my husband needs me."

"Ha-"

"Do it before I do it myself Liam James." I said, looking at him as I used the voice that I used on A.J. when I was telling him to do things.

I called it my dad voice.

It was very effective in cases like these.

"Did you just use your dad voice on me?" Liam asked, looking at me as if I had lost my mind.

Maybe it wasn't as effective as I thought.

Dammit

It was worth a shot.

"Do it." I tried again... second time is a charm right?

"Jesus. Okay. Stop looking at me like that. I'm going." And with that Liam left me again. He didn't come back for quite sometime, and when he did he had a doctor who I wished I didn't have to see again with him.

"Dick." I said, looking at Hector in surprise. I thought he worked in pediatrics...

"Mr. Styles, I see not much as changed since the last time I've seen you. Once again, my name is not Dick. Now, I'm not here to sign you out." Hector adjusted the glasses on his nose, the same displeased expression on his face as the last time I had seen him.

"Then why are you here?" I asked, looking behind Hector and at Liam with a glare. The fucker was supposed to find me someone who'd sign me out.

"I'm here to update you on your children's conditions."

"As in the twins and A.J.?" I asked, just verifying that it want just one or the other.

"Yes, Alexander is a very lucky little boy, especially with where that car hit you. He only suffered from a broken arm and a minor concussion which we are keeping him over night for to monitor him." Hector turned the page on his clipboard before clearing his throat. He looked at me through his glasses for a moment before looking back at the paper.

"Now as I'm sure you've already been made aware, your newborns are two months premature. The boy's lungs are underdeveloped which is our main concern, but there is a possibility he could have suffered other medical issues. We can't be sure though due to the fact he is only a few hours old and many develop over time. The girl has a minor case of sleep apnea, which is when one stops breathing when they sleep. Both are underweight and have issues regulating their body temperatures. It's hard to say how long they'll be in the NICU." I took in a deep breath, not really knowing how to take in all the information. From the sounds of it, the twins really weren't all that okay... Hector left after a minute or two, leaving Liam and I in the room.

"They'll be okay Harry."

"How can you be so sure?" I asked, trying to wrap my head around it all.

"They're your kids." Liam shrugged, earning a confused look from me.

"I'm failing to see the point."

"There really wasn't a point... I was just trying to make you feel better."

"You know what would make me feel better?" I said, wiping at my eye as a small tear run out the corner.

"What?"

"If you kidnaped my husband and brought him here."

------------------------------------

That ending dough.

Deserves an Oscar.

No.

It really doesn't.

But aye, Dick is back.

He deserves an Oscar.

You wanna know who else deserves an Oscar?

Leonardo DiCaprio.

Am I right?

No?

Okay...

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx