Chapter Forty-Eight (N.H.)

Chapter Forty-Eight

Please don't lose your faith

Don't worry 'cause I'm here to keep you safe

I promise if you let me see your face

That I won't let you down

"Thanks for coming Liam..."

"I don't really get why you needed me to." Liam sighed, walking into the hospital with me. Jemma was fast asleep in her car seat which was nice... she wasn't a big fan of naps.

"I didn't want to come alone..."

"You could've just asked Ha-"

"No I couldn't." I shook my head excessively, he didn't get it yet.

He didn't understand why I couldn't bring Harry yet.

"Fine. Whatever you say. Can we just get this over with? I have to pick Oliver up from school today."

"Okay." I sighed. The rest of the walk was quiet, Liam pouting while I wanted nothing more than for him to actually talk to me.

I didn't know what to say.

I didn't know how to tell him the reason why I needed him here.

Sarah greeted us once we reached the NICU, a bright smile on her face.

"Niall! It's great to see you!" She said, excitement in her voice. She gave me a small hug before dropping down to look at Jemma who was now awake.

"Hi Sarah."

"Where's Harry?" She asked once she finally got Jemma out of her carrier.

"He couldn't make it... so I brought along a close friend of ours." I smiled tightly, not really wanting to talk about Harry.

"I'm Liam..." Liam said, shaking her hand as Sarah once again smiled.

Does she ever stop smiling?

Dear God.

"Well Jonah is getting some last minute check ups and then he should be good to go, but while we wait let's check on this little girl." Sarah said before walking off with Jemma. Neither of us followed her and Liam turned to look at me with an arched eyebrow.

"You're taking Jonah home?"

"Yeah... He's been cleared to go home."

"And you haven't told Harry yet?"

"I haven't really talked to Harry. We talked for like five minutes yesterday and even less than that today. I haven't told him."

"Dammit Niall!" Liam hissed at me, looking at me with complete disbelief. I stumbled over what to tell him, I couldn't come up with a good enough reason as to why I hadn't told him.

I just hadn't told him.

"Liam... There's something else I need to tell you... but you have to promise me you won't tell Harry." I whispered, being somewhat cautious... I didn't want him to be angrier than he already was.

"Niall... He is practically my brother... You can't expect me not tell him things."

"Promise me Liam... I wouldn't have asked you to come if I didn't trust you not to tell him."

"You're being unfair Niall... I hope you realize it's not just me you're being unfair to. He's not doing good Niall, he really isn't. You have literally ripped his heart out of his chest and danced on it." Liam still spoke harshly, glaring at me as he finally gave an irritated sight.

"You're both idiots. Both of you." He said after a moment, running a hand through his hair as he looked at me.

"I know. I know we are, and I'm sorry you're the one stuck in the middle of it all. But Liam... We can't... I don't think we can fix this..." I whispered, looking down at my shoes. I blinked rapidly as I felt the sting of tears...

I wouldn't cry.

I couldn't cry.

"Only because you're both so bloody stupid that it hurts me. But whatever. No matter what I say, neither of you will listen to me. So what the hell do you need to tell me before I blow a gasket and kill everything in this bloody hospital."

"I'm pr-"

"Niall? Are you boys coming?" Sarah called from the hallway. Liam let out a loud groan of disbelief before going off in a silent rampage.

"Yeah.. Sorry." I called back before leaving Liam alone in the waiting room. I followed Sarah to where she had the twins both laid out on cots. Jonah was still looking up at the ceiling, his eyes cloudy but nevertheless he looked happy. Jemma was fussing a little, not liking the fact she was only in her diaper now. Sarah was saying something, but to be quite honest I wasn't even paying attention to her. I was watching as the twins moved around, letting out squeals and coos as Sarah checked them over.

I took note that they both had Harry's curly brown hair, which to be quite frank was close to my shade of brown...

They both had his green eyes along with his dimples.

They were spitting images of him.

Only baby form.

"Are you alright Niall? You seem down..." Sarah asked, putting Jemma back into her onesie.

"Fine. I'm fine.... Just excited to take them both home today." I replied, forcing a smile as I looked at her.

"It's a very exciting thing... I'm not gonna lie, but I'm gonna miss these two." Sarah whispered, and for the first time I had met her... she wasn't smiling.

"Sarah... If you want to... You can always come and visit them. You've done so much for them and for us... Its the least I can do."

"I'll consider it, thank you Niall." And just like that she was smiling again. Sarah helped me take the twins to the waiting room where Liam was still surprisingly there. I gave him a tight smile as we met eyes, but I quickly looked away.

He helped me take Jemma and Jonah back to the car, but he crossed his arms over his chest as soon as he closed the car door.

"You have to tell him Niall. If you're pregnant, you have to tell him. I don't care if everything's shit, you tell him. If you don't, you leave me no choice but to tell him myself."

------------------------------------

Double update.

Hooray.

Let's have a party guys.

Just kidding.

I can't have a party cause I don't like people.

And in order to have a party together must like people.

So instead we can pretend we had a party.

When in fact we didn't.

QOTD: What is your favorite pick up line?

AOTD: My all time favorite one is probably "I don't have a library card, but do you mind if a check you out?"

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx