Chapter Fifty-Seven (N.H.)

Chapter Fifty-Seven

I've been just coast

My mind put to motion

We move like the ocean

But I can't swim anymore

"And you're sure he was in the house?" The police officer asked for what felt like the millionth time. Harry let out a long sigh before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Yes. He took our sons stuffed animal, I already showed you the picture." Harry said, annoyance clear in his voice. I didn't blame him...

"But did you see Jimmy Horan inside the house?"

"I didn't see him, but he was in the house. I know he was." The officer sighed before nodding his head and standing up from the couch. He adjusted the hat on his head before sticking his hand out to shake.

"Thank you for your time, I'll take your statements down to the station and we will move on from there."

"That's it? You're not going to like try to find him? You're just going to leave?" Harry asked, disbelief and a hint of anger clear in his voice. The officer looked at us apologetically before nodding.

"I'm afraid that's all we can do right now. We don't have physical proof that he's been inside the house besides the absence of a toy that could've easily been misplaced. I'm sorry, but the best we can do right now is file a report." The officer said, but to be quite honest he didn't seem like he actually gave a shit.

"Okay." Harry said, his voice a scary calm. The look on his face was one I knew all too well....

He was about to explode.

But luckily the officer left before he did.

"Stupid f ucker!" Harry screamed the second the officer left the house, pulling at his hair as he glared at the door.

I just sat there... not really knowing what to say and not really wanting to be on the receiving end of Harry's frustration.

We were just starting to get back to normal...

"Harry..." I whispered, looking at him as he slowly started to get angrier.

He was scared.

This was how he dealt with it...

I got that, but we had three kids sleeping upstairs.

"He was in the house. He was in the f ucking house Niall!" Harry looked at me with fearful eyes, tears threatening to fall out of his eyes. I couldn't say anything, finding it far easier just to be quiet.

But I was scared too.

Hell... I was terrified...

"Why can't he just leave us alone? Doesn't he get that he's a f ucking psycho?!" Harry ranted, standing up from the couch and pacing the living room. He kept grumbling, frustrated tears running down his face as I continued to sit down.

"What does he have to gain from all this?! Nothing. He doesn't win, so why the hell does he keep trying?"

"I... I don't know... I guess he just likes to feel like he has control, and with us being the way we are right now he has control... Harry we're letting him win." I whispered, finally looking at Harry as he looked back at me in disbelief.

"What do you mean?"

"When we were younger Jimmy was obsessed with being in control... He has to be the one who's in charge... He's doing this on purpose... making us feel helpless and like we can't do anything is exactly what he wants... he's winning because we're doing exactly what he wants." I tried to explain the best I could, but by the confused look on Harry's face it was clear he wasn't getting it.

"He's winning by us freaking out..."

"So me giving a shit about the fact there's a f ucking psycho terrorizing my family is making it so im playing right into his hands?! Dammit Niall, he isn't winning." Harry nearly screamed at me, throwing his arms up in the air as if it was gonna make things better.

"Don't get mad at me... he's my brother Harry, I know what he's doing and you're not listening to me. He's doing this on purpose and you're letting him. So calm the f uck down and stop being such an ass for once in your life." I screamed back, not caring that it echoed throughout the house.

Two could play at this game.

And sometimes screaming at him was the only way he'd listen.

"Don't tell me to calm down, im not going to calm down when he's outright walking into our house. I'm not going to calm down when he's constantly calling me and threatening me. I'm not going to take this laying the f uck down. It's my job to keep our family safe Niall James, so don't tell me to calm down when I can't f ucking do the one thing I'm supposed to." Harry looked at me with desperation and worry clear in his face, tears still falling down his face as he have another frustrated groan.

I didn't know what to say.

I didn't know how to help.

He wouldn't listen to me even if I did.

"Fine. Let him win then." I finally said, my voice no louder than a whisper. Harry didn't say anything after that so I figured this conversation was over and done with.

So with those last words I left the room, walking up the stairs and to our bedroom.

I frowned when I saw the window open... I didn't remember opening it...

I walked over and closed it...

But then the bedroom door closed with a loud slam and I turned around with a start.

And there stood my worst nightmare in front of the door, a grin on his face.

"Hello little brother."

------------------------------------

Like what even...

Cliffhanger after cliffhanger.

I'm not even sorry.

:3

Anyways, thanks for 16k on this story, you guys are amazing :)

QOTD: Who's you're favorite character in the Shiver series and why?

AOTD: It's a three way tie between Zayn, Harry and Liam. I love Zayn for the reason that he's so out there, you never know what he's gonna do next. He's also hilarious and I pride myself for that. I love Harry because he's kind of out there as well, but he's a little more rounded than Zayn. Harry isn't afraid to tell anyone how he feels and I like that about him. I love Liam for the reason that he's just amazing, despite everything Zayn and him have been through he's still able to see the good in the world. I like how honest and blunt he is with Harry and he's just an amazing character.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx