Chapter Two

Chapter Two

'Cause we're young and we're reckless

We'll take this way too far

It'll leave you breathless

Or with a nasty scar

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear A.J. Happy birthday to you!" Everyone stood around A.J., smiles on their faces as we sang him a happy birthday. A.J.'s smile was still the brightest, his favorite cake sitting right in front of him. Niall stood in front of me with a camera, his finger pressing the button repeatedly as A.J. blew out his candles. We all clapped as A.J. continued to smile, and Zayn let out a cheer.

Niall and I dished out the cake, still looking at our little boy. I honestly couldn't believe he was three... time had just went by in a blink of an eye... It was almost like we turned a page in our story.

The kids all ate their cake quickly, all of them wanting nothing more than to play in the leaf piles outside before we took them all out to go trick or treating. Us adults were left with clean up....

Hooray.

Not.

"He sure is getting big." Zayn said as he helped me clean off the table.

"Don't even get me started... It's almost like yesterday that I was holding him in the hospital..."

"I know the feeling... At least you've got another year or so before school... That's when you really realize how much of your life revolves around him." I looked out the window where I could see A.J. running around with Oliver chasing him. Rayden was watching from the porch, his eyes more focused on the leaves then the two other boys. Laci and Brenna were sitting on the ground, playing what looked like a hand shake?

"Olly is your only one though.."

"Yeah... I know, but that just kinda makes it harder... I'm never going to get the chance to raise another kid with Liam, it's just Olly. Don't get me wrong, I love Olly to death and I would never ever change what I have... I just sometimes find myself wishing that Liam and I could've had another one."

"You guys could always adopt?"

"Li doesn't want to do that... I... I don't think he's ever really forgiven himself for the fact he can't have anymore kids... and I think he just doesn't want to have another. Were fine with just Olly... What about Niall and you?" Instantly I looked over to Niall who was talking to Liam and Luke as he watched A.J.

"We're gonna have another. We kinda miss having a baby around... and well we figured it would be nice for A.J. to know what it's like to be a sibling." I answered, shrugging as Zayn nodded.

"You still owe me child support." Zayn said after a moment, earning an annoyed sigh from me.

"When are you going to let that go?"

"The day you pay me child support."

"Which will be never."

"Then I guess I won't be letting it go. You're such a terrible father to our twenty rock children Harry... I should've known you were trouble."

"Well I used to be the town slut."

"I remember that... Now look at you... The town slut settled down with a family."

"Yeah... Who would've thought?"

"I honestly thought you'd die alone... I remember you coming into the bar all the time, getting drunk off your ass as you continued to tell Liam you were sorry for killing his turtle... Usually you'd burst into tears, say something about your slut dresser.... It was interesting."

"I'm am interesting drunk. I'm either really happy or really depressing."

"I've noticed."

"But to be honest Zee, I never would've thought you and Liam would he together.. I mean you were such a homophobe back in high school..."

"I know... I'm not very proud of my past Harry..."

"You really do make him happy though. Trust me."

"I know.... He makes me happy too. He's my everything, and I make sure to remind him everyday."

"Good, now go marry his ass. I mean c'mon Zayn... You've been together for what... Five years now? Why aren't you married yet?!"

"He doesn't want to. He sees marriage as a piece of paper that can easily be ruined... I think he's afraid we might be like his parents? Honestly, Liam doesn't even mention his family..."

"That's cause I'm pretty much his only family. He... There was a lot of drama when he came out, and well... This isn't really my job to tell you, it's more something he should say. Just... It's not easy for him, but eventually he will tell you..." Zayn nodded, his eyes locking with Liam's from across the room.

"I know he will, and I'm honestly in no hurry to find out... I just... I worry about him you know? He tends to keep everything in until eventually it all explodes."

"I know... Niall still refuses to tell me everything that happened with his family... He's given me little bits here and there, but honestly it's like this hidden taboo..." I shrugged, I knew he had his reasons... and I wasn't going to push him into telling me.

I respected him enough not to.

"Daddy. Push me on swing?" A.J. came rushing over to me, grabbing my hand so that I would look down at him. I simply nodded before picking him up.

"Course squirt."

"I'm not squirt. I'm A.J."

"Nope. You're squirt."

"No. A.J. "

"Squirt."

"A.J."

"Squirrel." I messed up on purpose, wanting nothing more than to see the smile on A.J.'s face as he realized he won.

"Daddy, you're silly." He said, patting my cheek.

"Only for you, little bean."

----------------------------------------

RANT PERTAINING SHIVER CAUSE IM HELLA PISSED OFF RN

But you guys obviously all remember Shiver, if you don't I don't know why you're even here...

Anyways, as you remember there's about five or six chapters with Nalex in them and I know everyone hated him in Shiver.

Like I get it, he wasn't Harry. He was taking Harry's place. He was being a dick and wouldn't let Harry have a chance.

Majority of you guys were nice about your hate towards Alex, and honestly I really appreciate that.

But today, that wasn't the case. I'm used to Nalex hate, truly I am. BUT THIS PERSON JUST KEPT BEING A BITCH ABOUT IT AND THEYRE PRETTY FREAKING LUCKY I DONT SAY HALF OF WHAT I THINK.

The reason why I get so annoyed is because if I had put Harry in Alex's position during Shiver, there would be so many comments along the lines of "OMG NARRY IS SO ADORABLE, IM SO GLAD ALEX ISNT IN THE PICTURE." Instead there's comments like "Alex is such a dick, I hate him so much. Harry deserves to be with Niall even though he tried to force himself on him."

I love your opinions, and I love your thoughts but when it's this bullshit about how all Alex wants is to "ruin Narry" then just gtfo. I'm not going to tolerate it.

I mean, I honestly was going to end Shiver with a Nalex wedding. But I didn't. I was nice and took in account that you guys didn't like Nalex.

But whatever.

Sorry if I offended anyone or if this seems like a bunch of BS. I'm just annoyed.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie.