Chapter Fifty-Three

Chapter Fifty-Three

She swears that you may be better than all the rest

I said, "No, you've got it all wrong.

If he was something special, I wouldn't have this song."

"That's it? He says he's sorry and you're just going to crawl back?" Liam said, folding his arms over his chest as I put my things back into my suitcase.

"So what if I am?" I countered, looking at him for just a second before going back to my packing. He wasn't pleased with me.

But then again when was Liam ever pleased with me?

"He broke your heart Harry... You said it yourself that he took it and smashed it to pieces... And you're gonna take him back just because he's sorry? Do you have any reassurance that he's not going to do it again?"

"I don't, but you know what Liam? I'm okay with that because at least he's trying... He can break my heart a million times if he wanted to... it won't change the fact that I'm still in love with him... that I have a family with him... it doesn't change anything." I whispered the last part, zipping up my bag as I looked at Liam again.

"You're being stupid Harry..." He whispered, looking at me sadly.

"Love makes you do stupid things Liam... You of all people should understand that."

"I just... I don't want you to get hurt more than you already have Harry... You get that right?"

"I get it... but I gotta do this Liam.... I can't throw away seven years... I love him."

"Okay... I wasn't going to stop you anyways... I just... Be careful okay?"

"I always am Li..." I said, smiling at him. Liam pulled me into a hug after that, holding me tightly.

"I love you Hazzy." He said quietly, pulling away from me.

"I love you more Turtle King." I said back, the smile on his face instantly turning into a frown.

"F uck you man." He glared at me, smacking the back of my head as I started to giggle.

"I couldn't resist."

"I hate you..."

"That's not what you said just a minute ago Payne... I don't like being lead on like this..."

"Get out of my house." Liam said, his voice monotone as he looked at me with displeasure.

I simple smirked.

I liked pissing Liam off.

"I totally would... but I have my son still asleep in the other room."

"Get your son and get out of my house. I'm done with you idiots."

"Okay Turtle King."

"Get out!"

----------

"Mummy will be happy we come home?" Was the first thing A.J. asked after we pulled up in front of the house. I smiled at him from the rear view mirror before turning to look at him.

"I think your mummy will be very happy..."

"I miss Mummy..." A.J. whispered, looking down at his stuffed elephant.

"I missed Mummy too... So let's go see him..." I whispered back before climbing out of the car. I helped A.J. out of the car before grabbing our bags. He ran straight for the door, ringing the doorbell as I took my time.

I was kind of scared to be quite honest.

I wasn't sure what was waiting for me behind that door.

Funny how that works...

My nerves didn't go away as I reached the porch...

Nor did they go away when Niall opened the door.

It wasn't until his eyes met mine that they did...

"Hi..." he whispered, biting his lip like he always did when he was nervous.

"Hi..." I breathed out, running a hand through my hair as I looked at him.

"Mummy!" A.J. screamed, pulling on Niall's arm which in turn caused him to look away from me.

"I've missed you!" Niall said, almost as excited as A.J. had been. I smiled fondly as the two of them interacted.

Together we all walked into the house.

It was just how it had been since the last time I'd been here...

Well except for the two babies laying on a blanket in the living room.

"When did you take Jonah home?" I whispered, somewhat surprised to see him laying next to Jemma.

"Yesterday..."

"Oh..."

"Ha-" Niall started to say only to be interpreted by A.J. yet again.

"Mummy, I can have cookie?" A.J. called from the kitchen. Niall sighed before following him...

I took that as my moment to approach the twins.

Completely memorized by them.

"Not yet Alexander... You can have one with lunch..." Niall's voice trailed off, but to be quite honest I wasn't paying attention to him anymore.

Both babies were cooing, Jemma moving around more than Jonah was.

I sat down on the ground in front of them, crossing my legs as I looked at them.

Jemma let out a shriek when I touched her cheek.

Jonah just continued to stare up at the ceiling.

With careful hands though I picked him up, holding him with one hand on his head and the other holding his bottom half.

"It's nice to finally get to hold you Jonah..." I whispered quietly, smiling down sadly at the little baby.

The silence didn't last for very long.

A.J. was quick to ruin it.

Coming into the room and plopping down next to me on the floor.

"Mummy won't let me have cookie." He said, pouting as he looked at me.

"You'll live."

"No. I no life. I die." A.J. said seriously which in turn just made me roll my eyes.

But I still couldn't fight my smile.

Even if things between Niall and I were still shit...

I at least had my kids...

And I wouldn't trade that for the world.

------------------------------------

Like what even...

I don't know lol.

If you got the Turtle King reference then you're the real MVP lol. It's okay if you didn't cause it's from the Ziam spinoff.

QOTD: what's your favorite book?

AOTD: My favorite book right now is TFIOS and that's because I love John Greens writing. It's not because it's the popular culture, I just love the way he wrote it. He's a legend in my opinion.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx