Chapter Twenty-Three

I said maybe

You're gonna be the one that saves me

And after all

You're my wonderwall

"Harry... Why is Zayn asleep on our couch?" Niall asked first thing the next morning. Zayn and I had made it to the house around five in the morning. I had given Zayn a spot to sleep on the couch, figuring that if he needed to stay longer I could set up the guest bedroom.

"He's asleep?" I mumbled, sitting up in the bed with a groan. Zayn hadn't been asleep when I checked up on him about two hours ago, in fact he was wide awake and was staring at the wall.

"Yeah... He looks like he's been through hell though. What's he doing here?" Niall was standing in the doorway, a sweater covering up the baby bump and a pair of sweats hanging off his hips. He looked as if he himself had just woken up, which was probably the case.

"Liam broke up with him yesterday. Zayn texted me at three in the morning from the park by their place, he needed a friend and I was that friend. He's only staying for a day or two... Or at least until Liam figures out his shit." I said, falling back down on to the bed in hopes that I could get a few more minutes of sleep. Niall let out a long sigh and for a moment I thought he had left the room, but then I felt the bed dip down as he climbed into it with me.

"You look exhausted." He whispered, moving the hair in my face away. I opened my eyes to look at him, a tired smile covering my face as I did so.

"That's cause I am. Three in the morning rendezvous are hardly my cup of tea. I didn't get much sleep before that either."

"Why?"

"I don't really know to be honest. I guess I just couldn't fall asleep. There was an awful lot on my mind with the twins and whatnot."

"They're gonna be here in four months Harry... We've got time." Niall stated, rolling his eyes at me like it was an obvious fact.

"Time is hardly something we have nowadays." I sighed, closing my eyes again for a second. All hope of going back to sleep was futile... Niall wanted to talk, and A.J. would be running in here any minute now.

"What did you expect? We've got an energetic three year old."

"And I would never ask for anything better. I love our life Niall, sure it's the complete opposite of what I thought I would have back when I first met you... but I'm happy. I've got you and three amazing kids, even though we haven't quite met two of them. There's nothing I would change." I smiled at him, kissing his cheek softly as he stared at me. I grabbed his hand, linking our fingers together for a minute as he fell silent.

"Can you promise me something?" I whispered.

"Course..."

"Promise me that no matter what, we won't end up like Liam and Zayn.... I never want to feel the pain he's feeling Niall..."

"I promise Harry... I don't know what happened between them, but I know that it's something I don't want to happen to us... Zayn's strong though, he can get through this."

"I know he is... but i know he can't keep going on like this. He loves Liam, he loves Oliver... Liam is taking his family away from him..."

"He's a bit hypocritical if you ask me..." Niall muttered, his voice very quiet to where I almost didn't catch it. I didn't know what he was talking about...

"What do you mean?"

"He was the one who convinced me to go home when I left you... He told me I was unfair for taking your family away... and he was right." I took in a deep breath as the memory of that time came back. It was misery...

And suddenly I realized I knew almost exactly how Zayn felt.

Niall had taken my family away from me once...

"I think I know how we can fix this..." I said, sitting up in the bed. Niall stayed laying down, looking up at me with curious eyes.

"How? And why do we have to fix this?"

"Because Liam fixed us... and if I know anything about my cousin... He's hurting too. I know Liam has a really shitty way of showing it, but he does love Zayn. He wouldn't have broken up with him if he didn't... Liam's doing this because he thinks it's what's the better option. He's on the defense Niall."

"What do you mean by defense? This isn't a football game Harry."

"He was scared Zayn was going to leave him... So Liam took action and stopped it from happening... By breaking up with him. Liam doesn't want Zayn to hate him later on because he can't give Zayn the one thing he wants... A baby."

"That seems kinda counterproductive Haz... Why would Liam break up with him if he was scared Zayn was going to leave him?" Niall arched an eyebrow at me, an unamused expression on his face as I shook my head.

"I don't know. I just know that Liam didn't want Zayn to hate him..."

"Well he's doing a great job with that." Niall's voice was filled with sarcasm, and I let out a huff as I realized he wasn't getting my point.

Honesty, I didn't really know my point...

I just knew that we had to fix this.

Who would've thought a divorce lawyer would try to fix someone's relationship...

----------------------------------------

Things Connie is good at:

-lame endings to chapters

-frequent updates

-getting irritated over stupid things

-planning too many stories for a series (six in total so far... not including the oneshot book (#thenewharrypotter))

-sarcasm

Things Connie is not good at:

-flirting

-human contact

-talking to boys

-talking to people in general

-updating other stories besides the series with six books.

bleh

The notification thingy where it won't show me recent notifications is bugging me to high heaven.

I mean, I'm hardly social as is... but at least I could look at my notifications and laugh at half the people I follow...

Sigh.

Anyways, here's a semi double update.

Liam is still an ass, but maybe he can fix this.

I guess we will just see how Narry fixes this eh?(omg im not even Canadian. (That's a lie, I'm actually like 1/8 Canadian.))

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx