Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love

I'll pick you up when you're getting down

And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now

From: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Received: 2:57 AM

Merry Christmas bitch.

To: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Sent: 2:58 AM

Zayn... Christmas was yesterday.

From: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Received: 3:00 AM

No. It's Christmas still.

To: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Sent: 3:01 AM

no... it's three in the f ucking morning. It's not Christmas anymore.

From: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Received: 3:01 AM

Jesus. I didn't even realize.

Still. Merry Christmas bitch.

To: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Sent: 3:02 AM

Why are you texting me this time? Did you tell Olly what really happened to Timmy?

From: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Received: 3:03 AM

Don't be a dick Harry.

To: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Sent: 3:03 AM

What crawled up your ass?

From: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Received: 3:04 AM

I'm outside in the f ucking snow right now.

To: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Sent: 3:04 AM

Why are you outside? Zayn, it's freezing out there.

From: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Received: 3:05 AM

I would rather not speak about it over text.. Do you think you could come get me? I know it's late, but... I can't go home.

To: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Sent: 3:06 AM

yeah... Where are you?

From: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Received 3:07 AM

At the park by the house. Thanks Harry.

To: Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Sent: 3:07 AM

You're welcome Zayn.. I'll be there in a few minutes.

----

I climbed out of the bed quietly, not wanting to wake Niall who had just barely fallen asleep not even twenty minutes ago. I grabbed a pair of jeans off the floor before throwing them on over my boxers. I didn't bother with a shirt and instead I grabbed a hoodie from the closet. Niall was still fast asleep as I exited the room, which I guess was a good thing.

I would have a lot of explaining to do in the morning.

But that was okay.

I needed to make sure Zayn was okay.

So I drove to the park in the small little snow storm, but honestly it wasn't much of a storm.

It didn't take long to reach the park and when I did reach it I could see Zayn's body over on the swings. His back was facing me, his shoulders slumped as he moved back and forth on the swing. I climb out of the car and shuddered when the cold hit me. How long had Zayn been out here?

At least he's wearing a coat.

I walked over to him before sitting down in the swing next to him, trying not to scream out how cold it felt.

"Hey." Zayn whispered, looking over at me. From the dim light coming from the overhead street light, I could barely make out his face. From what I could make out, it was safe to say Zayn had been crying.

"Hey... You okay?" I asked, looking at him sadly. I didn't see Zayn like this often, so every time I did it broke my heart.

I felt bad for him.

Even though he hadn't really given me a reason to yet.

"Do you want the honest to god truth? Or would you prefer me to lie? They're probably close to sounding like the same thing." Zayn let out a bitter chuckle as he shaked his head.

"Just tell me what you want to tell me Zee. I won't make you tell me anything you don't want to say." I whispered.

"To answer your question, I'm not okay. I'm out in the f ucking snow in the f ucking park at three in the f ucking morning all because my boyfriend told me he didn't want to be with me anymore. He looked me in the eyes and told me he didn't love me anymore, that I had changed. Funny how the last time I checked, he was the one who changed. I have done nothing but make sure he's okay for the past three years, and this is what I get. I get to freeze my ass off out here as I try to figure out what the f uck I ever did to deserve any of this." Zayn's voice lead into a broken whisper, his voice starting to crack as he spoke. He was crying again, tears falling down his face and into the snow. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what to say.

I wasn't good at comforting others.

I never have been.

"Why can't I have my storybook ending Harry? Why am I not included in all this happily ever after shit?"

"I don't know Zayn... I honestly don't know."

"That makes two of us." It fell silent for a minute or two, the both of us just sitting there on the rusted old swing set as we moved back and forth. It was starting to get a little cold, but I knew that Zayn wasn't ready to leave yet.

"I got him a ring this time, an actual ring with our initials engraved. I got down on one knee in front of our Christmas tree, and I asked him for what felt like the millionth time. He didn't say anything Harry.... He stared at me in disbelief before shaking his head and closing the velvet box. He looked me straight in the eyes as he told me that things would be better if we went our separate ways. I... I feel like the biggest idiot in the world for even thinking that... that just for a second, we were gonna be okay. He doesn't love me anymore and the thought alone of my life without him is crushing me." And Zayn lost it completely, the strong walls and brave face he put on for the world to see shattered in an instant. He fell apart in front of my very eyes, something I didn't think I would ever have to see.

I didn't say anything to him as he fell apart, for I feared he would
only become worse.

I only watched, feeling helpless as I saw one of strongest people I know fall apart.

----------------------------------------

Poor Zayn :(

I feel so bad for him.

Like why is Liam being the way he is?

Seriously Liam, I'm gonna kill Timmy if you don't fess up.

My authors notes have been so long lately and this one is just a baby.

Wow.

Haha.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx