Chapter Five

Chapter Five

You never get to give it all you've got

Cause you forgot to take it to the top

Oh, Ruby Blue

"Daddy? I sleepy." A.J. said the moment we walked out of the airport. He cuddled into my neck as I waited for Niall to walk out. I had everything, but Niall needed to call Beth for a ride.

"I know squirt. As soon as we get to aunt Beth's house you can sleep, okay?" I whispered, adjusting the little boy in my arms as Niall finally walked out.

"She'll be here in about ten minutes. Is he asleep?"

"Not yet... You know how he is, he won't sleep unless he's in a bed with his elephant..."

"Yeah I know." I gave Niall a tight smile before grabbing his hand with my free one.

"You okay?" I asked, looking around A.J.'s head so I could see Niall better.

"Not really... It's hard enough being back here, and the reason isn't exactly a good one..." Niall whispered, but he gave my hand a light squeeze. It didn't take Beth long to get to the airport, her face stressed but she wore a smile nonetheless. She greeted us all with a warm hug, hugging Niall a little longer.

"Where's Blake?" I asked as soon as we got all of our things into the car.

"He's at a friends. He wanted to come but I figured it would be good for him to interact with some of his friends... Bobby and him were pretty close." Beth answered, her voice cracking a little at the end.

"Does... Does my mum know I'm here yet?"

"I haven't said anything to her... I figured you would want to."

"Last time I saw her it didn't end very well..."

"I know. She told me. You know how she is though Ni... She speaks before she thinks." Niall simply nodded before climbing into the car. Beth let out a sigh before looking at me and we both did the same. The drive to Beth's wasn't long but it was filled with an awkward silence that made it feel like an eternity. A.J. had finally fallen asleep, little puffs of air escaping his nose as he did so. Niall looked out the window, his hand covering his mouth as Beth drove. When we arrived at the house, I handed A.J. to Niall.

"You both need some rest... You go ahead and head in... I'll be there in a few minute." I whispered before kissing him softly. Niall gave a tight smile before doing as I asked. Beth helped me with the suitcases in the back, the silence still hung between the both of us.

"Harry... " Beth whispered once we were inside.

"Yeah?"

"I'm glad he has you... I know he has a habit of not showing how he feels, and I can tell that you look past that wall... I know I wasn't very kind to you when we first met, but I can see that I was wrong. You're exactly what Niall needs... and I can see that he loves you."

"If anyone needs anybody around here it's me... He keeps me grounded and shows me new ways everyday as to how I can be a better husband and father.... He flipped my world upside down Beth..."

"I think you did the same to him... Harry, he's gonna need you now more than ever though... It's rough for him to be back here, I can see it on his face...."

"I know... I can see it too." I nodded, looking over to the door where I knew he was.

"I'll leave you be now... I'll come get you when dinners ready?"

"Yeah... Thanks Beth, you know... for everything you've done."

"Thank you as well..." she smiled at me before walking out of the room. I let out a sigh as I walked down the hall. When I entered the guest bedroom, Niall appeared as if he was fast asleep along with A.J. who was curled up in Niall's arms. I kissed both of them on the forehead before climbing into the bed with them. Almost instantly, Niall turned over so his face was facing mine.

"Took you long enough." He muttered, his eyes still closed but there was a faint smile on his face.

"Sorry... Beth needed some help with something. Is he asleep?"

"Out like a light the second I put him down." Niall hummed out, I could tell he was exhausted.

"He probably won't be up for another couple hours..."

"Probably..." Niall's voice trailed off, and we fell into a quiet silence for a moment.

"You okay?" I whispered.

"Yeah..." He whispered back, but I didn't really believe him.

"Are you lying to me?"

"Not at this point in time."

"You know you can talk to me right? I'm here..."

"There's nothing to really say Harry... My dad just died, the last time I spoke to him I screamed out that I hated him... I never get to take that back Harry..." Niall finally opened his eyes and I noticed how they were now a darker blue than usual... they always went like that before he cried...

"Niall..."

"I should've come home when mum first said he was sick... I shouldn't have shut her out... I regret leaving... I should've stayed... I should've let him say what he was going to say. Harry... I..." and then he let it all out again. Tears fell down his cheeks, soft sobs escaping his lips as he fell apart. I pulled him into my arms, holding him as close as I could with A.J. between the both of us.

"It's going to be okay Ni..." I whispered, kissing the top of his head. He didn't say anything after that, the room falling silent as we both drifted off to sleep.

----------------------------------------

Holla for another two days later update cause Connie is a really bad procrastinator.

And holla cause I won't be able to update again till Saturdayyyyyyyy

Well I could do Friday...

Idek.

BUT THANK YOU GUYS FOR 1K VOTES ALREADY.

SEND FANART CAUSE I LOVE YOU

conwecalllove@gmail.com

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx