Chapter Twenty-Five (N.H)

Chapter Twenty-Five

But deep down all you want is love

The pure kind we all dream of

But we cannot escape the past

So you and I will never last

The rest of December came and went quickly, the same could be said to January. Harry's birthday passed and all was good in our home for the first week or so of February. The due date for the twins was quickly approaching, Jack predicted they would arrive some time around May. Jack also said there might be a slight chance of them coming early due to the fact it was twins instead of just a single baby.

Harry was away on business, apparently some high ranked politician was looking for a divorce from his fourth wife or something along those lines.

That left A.J. and I alone for a few days, which wasn't terrible but it was nice to have Harry home to help handle A.J..

"Mummy, I no find my Ellie." A.J. came into the living room with a pout, his blanket in one hand as he crawled up into my lap.

"I'm sorry squirt." I kissed the top of his head as he snuggled up on my lap.

"When Daddy home?"

"Tomorrow hopefully."

"Miss Daddy."

"Me too little bean. Me too." I sighed, leaning back on the couch as I closed my eyes. I was exhausted due to the fact I had issues sleeping when Harry was gone.

It was ridiculous.

The twins also saw the night as the perfect time to move around and kick, bruising my ribs. They were getting bigger.... they were almost too big in my opinion.

"Mummy. Tell siblings no." A.J. whined, glaring at my stomach where the twins were very much awake right now.

"I'm sorry Alexander... They don't understand the word no yet."

"Why? I know no."

"I know you do. Sometimes I believe it's your favorite word."

"No." A.J. shook his head, closing his eyes before laying back down on my stomach. It didn't last for long before he was whining again.

"Mummy."

"Why don't you go sleep in your bed? Your siblings won't bother you there."

"No. I stay. Siblings go to bed." A.J. was once again glaring at my stomach, his little arms crossed over his chest as he pouted.

"You're so much like your Daddy that it isn't even funny." I sighed before standing up from the couch. I almost fell back on it as a sudden dizzy spell came over me.

"Mummy no." A.J. whined, sitting up straight as he looked at me in disbelief.

"I'll be right back."

"No." A.J. grabbed my arm, tears now starting to form in his eyes.

"Alexander."

"Mummy, no." A.J. started to cry, his face a mask of pure frustration as I gave a sigh. With a grunt I picked A.J. up, grimacing a little as he pressed against my stomach. I walked into the kitchen where my phone sat. A.J. rested his head against my shoulder, quiet whimpers escaping him. I grabbed my phone and dialed Harry's number before pressing it to my ear.

"Hey babe." He picked up on the first ring, his voice tired.

"Hi, how's your case going?"

"Good, I guess. This guy is a complete idiot. He won't compromise and it's driving me absolutely crazy. He keeps calling me curly too, like does he not understand that I'm trying to make it so his wife doesn't get every last cent he owns? For Christ sake Niall, he cheated on the poor bird. He deserves that much, but if he loses I don't get paid as well." Harry gave an irritated sigh, and I could almost picture him running a hand through his hair.

"And to make matters worse, I won't be coming home for another three or so days because we have literally achieved nothing. I'm so irritated Niall. I want to be home."

"Talk to Daddy." A.J. whispered, reaching for the phone.

"Harry, I'm gonna put you on speaker phone okay? A.J. wants to say hi." Harry gave a sound of acknowledgment as I pulled the phone away. I put it on the counter, turning the speaker phone on.

"Say hi to Daddy, Alexander."

"Hi Daddy." A.J. practically screamed, his grumpy mood changing almost instantly to one of joy.

"Hi squirt. Are you being good for you mummy?" A.J.'s eyes lit up at the sound of Harry's voice, a bright smile now covering his face

"I good. Siblings not good though."

"Oh really? How so?"

"They no let me or Mummy sleep. Mummy say they up all night. I tell them no, but Mummy say they do not know what no is." A.J. nodded excessively, his hands moving as he was talking.

"Of course you did." Harry chuckled on the other end which in turn made my eyes start to water. I missed him.

I really missed him.

"And Mummy tell me to sleep in bed, but I say no. I no sleep in bed. I sleep in Mummy's bed."

"Well aren't you lucky. Daddy doesn't get to sleep in Mummy's bed." I smiled as I listened to the two of them talk. They talked for quite some time, the smile on A.J.'s face never fading.

"I hate to do this squirt, but I gotta go back to work." Harry sounded genuinely upset, and to be honest A.J. didn't look much better.

"When you come home Daddy?" A.J. whispered, now looking sad.

"Soon squirt. I promise."

"Otay Daddy. Love you."

"Love you too Alexander."

"And Mummy?"

"Yes. And Mummy. I love you all, and I'll call you again tonight." And with that he hung up, leaving the house just a little quieter.

----------------------------------------

I'm sorry for this semi late update.

I wasn't really on Wattpad yesterday due to reasons..

So here's your update.

But like yesterday, I went and read Shiver... I have never went and read one of my stories after it's completed.

I realized how amazing that story was and I remember when I first started to write it haha.

It's nearly 20k votes overall, and in celebration of that I think I'm gonna do a quote page/book for the first story.

So basically I want you guys to tell me your favorite quote from Shiver or your favorite scene :)

It'll be my Christmas present for you guys:) so it would be awesome if you all participated!

Anyways, I'm going to go now...

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx