Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

I painted a picture of the things I wanted most

To color in the darker side of all my brightest hopes

But there's a monster standing where you should be

"I refuse to give that bitch a single cent, now you either do your job or I'll make sure you never have a case again." I sighed as pinched the bridge of my nose. His voice alone made me want to kill a turtle.

"Sir, I'm doing the best I can." I said through the receiver. It was almost three in the afternoon, I had just left the office but it was beginning to sound like I was going to have to go back.

I hate this stupid fucker.

I would much rather be home then dealing his sleazy ass.

"You obviously aren't if you can't win this bloody case Mr. Styles." With that he hung up the phone, the dial tone ringing through my ears. I groaned before falling back onto my hotel bed, wanting nothing more than to crawl into bed with Niall and sleep the day away. I was beyond homesick at this point, I missed my family.

I just wanted to be home.

Is that too much to ask?

Obviously it is.

"C'mon Harry... Just a few more days." I muttered to myself, running my hands over my face as I continued to lay on the bed. I whined though when my phone started to ring again, especially when I realized it wasn't Niall's ring tone.

"Hello?" I answered, my eyes gazing up at the ceiling. There was just silence on the other end, making me frown as I looked at the caller ID. It wasn't a number I recognized, so I hung up. I sighed when I noticed the time, realizing that if I wanted to FaceTime Niall and A.J. tonight that I was going to need to leave for the office now. So that's what I did, closing my door behind me as I walked out. The office wasn't too far from my hotel, in fact it was just across the street which was nice. I was greeted at the door by Nancy, our receptionist as I walked through the main lobby. I wasn't paying much attention before running into someone, letting out a curse as papers went flying everywhere.

"Shit." An Irish accent rang out, and I realized it was a voice I recognized. I looked at the mans face, fear filling me as I saw his face. Even though it had been a good four months since I saw him, his eyes were still something that I would much rather forget. His nose was crooked now... which really was the only change.

"Well if it isn't guard dog." He smirked at me, which in turn struck a chord. I wanted nothing more than to punch him in the face again...

"Jimmy. What are you doing here?"

"Thought I would stop by. See how my favorite brother in law was doing. Sadly it appears as if my company isn't wanted." Jimmy tutted, shaking his head as I looked at him in disbelief.

"And you're correct. Now what's the real reason you're here?"

"I already told you why."

"And I'm calling bullshit." Jimmy chuckled, shaking his head as he looked at me.

"I don't have to tell you anything. Now do me a favor guard dog and give this to my little brother. I feel like I'll be seeing you again shortly." He placed a small envelope in my hand before patting my head and walking away. As soon as he was out of sight I threw the envelope away, not wanting to see it's contents and for sure not wanting Niall to see them either. My heart was racing a mile a minute, fear bubbling in my stomach.

Screw the fucking case.

I needed to see Niall.

Or at least have some reassurance he was okay.

So I found myself going straight to my office, shutting the door behind me and locking it so no one could come in. I was a shaking mess at this point, silent tears streaming down my face as I pulled dialed his number.

When he didn't pick up, I felt like my whole world was going to come crashing down. I felt like I was going to puke.

But then his ringtone went off and a little sob of relief came out. I didn't even hesitate to answer, putting the phone to my ear.

"N-Niall." Was all I said, waiting for him to say something on the other line. It felt like an eternity, every passing second not helping the anxiety in the pit of my stomach.

"Alexander Jace, do not make me tell you again. Now come over here and say hello to Daddy." Niall's voice came through the speaker, and a relieved chuckle came through me as I heard it.

"What's he doing?" I asked, wiping away at my eyes as I sat up a little.

"He's been running around in his suit all day claiming he's you. Currently he's sitting at the table whining about how his job is too hard and that all he wants to do is quit. I took a picture for you, don't you worry. But he doesn't seem to understand that you're waiting for him."

"It's fine Ni... I can just talk to you for a few minutes."

"You okay?" His voice was quiet, almost as if he only wanted me to hear it.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just... I really miss you guys." It wasn't a lie, I did miss them.... but it wasn't the full reason as to why I called, and to be honest I was still a little shaken up.

"We miss you too... Hopefully it won't be much longer."

"Yeah... Niall, I think you should go stay with my mum for a few days or at least till I get back. I don't like the idea of you at home alone with A.J.... I mean I don't want you to strain yourself or the twins.. and I'm sure my mum would love to see you guys."

"Harry... You've been gone for a week, I think I can handle myself for a few more days."

"I'm not saying you cant... I'm just being safe. Please Ni?"

"I'll think about it... I'm not exactly your mum's biggest fan you know."

"I know. It's only for a few days..."

"Fine. But you have to promise me that you'll tell me the real reason why once you get home."

Well shit.

"I already told you the reason..."

"And I'm the next queen of England. You see babe, unlike you, I'm not an idiot."

"But at least I'm your idiot."

----------------------------------------

Heyo.

I want some mayo.

Just kidding.

I don't like mayo. I find it gross.

Ew

Anyways, here's an update a little later than I promised cause I suck.

And Jimmy is a turd.

ONLY LIKE TWO PEOPLE TOLD ME THEIR FAVORITE SHIVER QUOTES. CMON GUYS. YOURE BETTER THAN THIS.

Thanks for 6k on this story though :) you're amazing.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx