Chapter 82 - Moment of Stopping the Tension

That morning Jeongyeon woke up next to Jihyo. Her heart was racing madly as she fluttered her eyes a couple of times and realized that Park Jihyo was actually lying right next to her.

This is amazing - she thought.

Suddenly, Jihyo's hand, who was lying still on Jeongyeon's stomach flew in the air and Jeongyeon was already scared that she was going to get hit in the nose.

However, just in time, the hand softened its landing and ended up being on Jeongyeon's shoulder. 

Jihyo snuggled in closer to Jeongyeon, rubbing and digging her small nose into Jeongyeon's other shoulder.

Awwwwww... That was so precious! I can't! How is she so adorable and soft?

To Jeongyeon's surprise, after a couple of moments, Jihyo softly turned her back on Jeongyeon, taking a bit of Jeongyeon's blankets as well.

Even though they've never dated, Jeongyeon assumed that this was code for something.

Jihyo confirmed this. She quietly mumbled, her voice softly whining:

"Spooooon me." she then raised her head a bit, as if she was offended Jeongyeon hadn't picked up on her signal.

Without a word of complaint, Jeongyeon was already on her side, spooning Jihyo.

"That's nice" Jihyo murmured quietly.

"So are you..." Jeongyeon quietly rebutted, snuggling her face in Jihyo's hair.

Jihyo's eyes suddenly went wide. She raised her head slowly and turned around to face Jeongyeon.

"Too far?" Jeongyeon was surprised by Jihyo's sudden reaction.

"No... Just...I think we had a moment there... And... I was just surprised by it... Because... You know... We usually undercut a serious moment with like... banter and whatnot.... So... That was..."

"I enjoyed the moment more when I was able to put my face next to your hair... Even though I don't want to eat it for breakfast." Jeongyeon deadpanned.

"Oh, shut it." Jihyo lightly slapped her on the shoulder.

"Get back to your position, crumpled piece of paper."

"Sure, sure" Jihyo whined and got back into it, raising her knees and holding them.

The two quietly enjoyed the silence in the room. Two smiles plastered on their faces as they  were just living in the moment.

How was I so calm yesterday about this? How was I able to be so calm and ask her out on a date and not mess things up? Am I just.... Not overthinking things anymore? Well, clearly I am because I'm doing it right now but last night....I didn't. I just... Came up with an idea...Whaaat? Bravo me!  I can't believe it... I actually managed to ask her out and... It happened! It happened! Jeongyeon internally squealed with joy.

She was extremely proud of herself because she came a long way from her overthinking past and from the days where she used to worry if she was being too soft or too harsh towards Jihyo. Now those days felt so distant and Jeongyeon was delighted she wasn't living in them.

And I'm proud of Jihyo as well, I mean... She used to be so fully aware of her surroundings and who gave her hugs and kisses... and she didn't enjoy doing any of that... I remember when we played beer pong that one time and she was so scared that I whispered into her ear, she had to announce it to the rest of the group because it felt "weird to her".... And look at her now - actively asking me to snuggle up with her? That is called character growth! We've both grown a lot! And... I'm actually very proud of us.