Chapter 80 - Moment of Unexpected Regret

"What did you just say?" Jeongyeon then asked again, still in disbelief.

Jihyo suddenly felt like she was under a lot of pressure, but still wanted to maintain a happy response so she kept smiling. She then answered Jeongyeon's question:

"I said... I think I like you. And... And I don't know why or how I managed to come up with saying that but... I'm glad I did. It felt... Good to say it." Jihyo spoke happily. Suddenly, she was excited all over again.

"What do you mean you think you like me? Like... like like me?" Jeongyeon asked because she was still in disbelief.

No way is this happening. She thought to herself.

"Is this a prank?" she then asked once again.

"No! Why would I prank you for this? This is an emotional subject and it's been important to both of us as people ever since you confessed that you liked me... I would never prank you for this!" Jihyo stood her ground. She looked defiant.

Jeongyeon felt like she was getting dizzy.

"Can we... Uh... Can we go to any of our bedrooms?"

"Yeah, sure... Be careful." Jihyo took Jeongyeon by the hand as they walked into Jeongyeon's bedroom."

OH MY! HOW! WHAT? WHY? HOW? WHO? WHAT? HUH? - Jeongyeon's mind was swirling with questions.

Is she okay? She looks like she's panicking! Jihyo on the other hand just wanted for Jeongyeon to calm down. She sat next to her on her bed.

"Jeong.... Calm down. Do you want me to get you some water?"

"Yeah... Yes, please." Jeongyeon replied, feeling blood leaving her face. She suddenly went pale.

"I'll be right back, don't pass out." Jihyo hurried out of the room to go and get Jeongyeon water.

Jeongyeon's mind suddenly went blank as she watched Jihyo run away.

Jihyo on the other hand was now panicking because she didn't know what was going on in Jeongyeon's mind.

I hope she's okay... ohh... what have I done? What... have I done to Jeongyeon? No!

She briefly calmed herself down to tell the group in the living room to start watching the movie without them because they will take longer than expected. Nayeon just raised her arm in the air with her thumb being up and that was all Jihyo needed to get back to Jeongyeon's room.

Jihyo soon returned into the room with a huge glass of water.

She gave it too Jeongyeon who drank it immediately.

"Jeong... Jeong... Jeong! Calm down! You're gonna choke on it."

When Jeongyeon was done drinking she swiftly got up and closed the door behind Jihyo.

"So..." she turned around. She looked at Jihyo, still not knowing what to say. 

Jihyo on the other hand felt confident and replied:

"Look... I just realized it while you were at my house. Things... Started to come together and I figured that... Maybe I've had feelings for you longer than I thought I had..."

"What?" Jeongyeon couldn't believe what she was hearing once again.

Emotions were mixing and blending in this conversation, one moment Jihyo was confident, the other she felt nervous. Jeongyeon had a rush of emotions varying from excited to nervous to scared. The atmosphere in the room was getting tense.