Chapter 61 - Moment of Being Caught in a Lie

"Hey Ji... Sorry to bother you, can we come in?" Chungha softly spoke as she entered Jihyo's room.

"Yeah, sure..." Jihyo replied. "We?" she quietly added.

"Oh yeah, Jeong is here too." Jeongyeon then appeared behind Chungha, awkwardly waving at her. Jihyo waved awkwardly back.

"So... Uhm... I hope you don't mind me asking but... You seem off..."

"That's... That's not a question." Jihyo sarcastically quipped, causing both Chungha and Jeongyeon to chuckle. Jeongyeon even covered her mouth because it gave her a great reaction.

Classic Ji.

"Well heh... What I wanted to ask was if you're okay and if you needed to talk to someone. So... Are you okay? And, do you need to talk to someone?"

"Whoa, that's two questions Chungha, good for you" now it was Jeongyeon's time to tease, and this time Jihyo laughed the way Jeongyeon laughed just a moment ago. Chungha chuckled as well.

Jeongyeon and Jihyo looked into each other's eyes calmly. Calmly for the first time in a while. There were smiles on their faces while they looked at each other, but just for a second.

"Uhm... No, I'm fine" Jihyo replied when she calmed herself from laughter. Her face got serious again, just like Jeongyeon's.

"You sure...? You seem a bit down. Well, other than the joke you just made, you seem like something's bothering you."

"No, really, I'm fine. Nothing's bothering me." Jihyo lied. Convincingly this time, might I add - Jeongyeon thought to herself.

"So why don't you come and join us and watch a movie?" Chungha asked once again.

"I told you... I would rather be in my room. Got... Got stuff to do."

"Oh, is that so?" Chungha then looked around. She saw nothin on Jihyo's table, no books opened, no laptop, no phone. Nothing. Just Jihyo who was sitting at her desk, looking as if she wasn't doing anything at that point.

"Yeah. And plus, I kinda want to be alone a bit, you know?"

"That's really too bad... Like I said, I wish all three of us could hang out since we don't usually get the chance to do so... But, if you say you don't want to, then I apologize for the disturbance."

"It's okay" Jihyo assured her. "Go, watch a movie, have fun." Jihyo again spoke softly, as if she didn't want to hurt anyone. Well, Jeongyeon in particular.

"Okay, we will" Chungha responded with a smile, waved and then got out of the room along with Jeongyeon.

When they got into Jeongyeon's room, Jeongyeon asked Chungha:

"So, are we cool now? Can we watch the movie? Or do you wanna go and ask her more questions?" she teased.

Chungha chuckled and replied:

"No, sorry I took us away from the movie... I just thought I could help her... But if she says she's okay, then who am I to disagree..."

"Very mature of you. And very nice of you to try and help her." Jeongyeon noted.

The two got back to watching the movie. They drank their water, ate their snacks and generally had a good time, quietly commenting on the movie sometimes.

Jeongyeon felt comfortable.

"Okay, but realistically... Would anyone go back to save their phone in that instance?" Chungha noted in one scene.

"I mean... Yeah, I get what you mean, but what if someone finds their phone later and uncover a bunch of secrets or something?"

"Huh, yeah... Secrets, indeed." Chungha noted as she looked at Jeongyeon.