Chapter 60 - Moment of Failed Negotiations

"Is anyone home?" Jeongyeon shouted out as she entered the mansion. She was hoping that Jihyo had found something to do and that she went out as well. Either that or that someone else would be at home instead of her.

I can't believe that my "go to thought" nowadays is that I hope that I don't see Jihyo... That's so weird.

No one responded to the call, causing Jeongyeon to feel a bit of relief at first. Maybe we're okay. Maybe no one's around!

Chungha then asked:

"Oh, so Jihyo isn't home either?"

"I don't know, maybe she is but she can't hear me. Maybe she's taking a shower or something." And if I know Jihyo, she probably is... But one can hope that she isn't.

"Oh... Okay."

"Uhm... Do you wanto to drink something? ...I'm asking so that I can take it to my room before we go there." Jeongyeon asked as the duo stopped near the kitchen.

"Oh yeah, a glass of water will be nice."

"Just water?"

"Yeah, why?"

"No reason... Heh, but you're right, I'm still relatively full, water sounds good to me." Jeongyeon agreed. She's a simple person. I like that.

"Do you mind if I use the bathroom?" Chungha asked.

"No, go ahead. You know where it is, right?" a smile appeared on Jeongyeon's face. 

"Yeah" Chungha replied with a smile, nodded and went down the hallway to the bathroom, a pep in her step. 

It's as if she already feels like she's at home here. Heh. Jeongyeon thought.

As Jeongyeon was pouring them both glasses of water, she heard Chungha's voice down the hallway.

Oh... So someone is at home after all.

"Hey!"

"Hey!" she heard two voices speak in the hallway, and she was trying to make out who was talking to Chungha. 

Although, Jeongyeon already had an idea who it could be.

"We shouted out to see if anyone was home, didn't hear any response."

"Oh yeah, I was just taking a shower... So, you and Jeongyeon are back, ay?" a bit of nervousness laced in the voice that asked that question.

"Yeah... I was just about to go to the bathroom..." Chungha then replied, shifting the subject.

"Okay, I'll leave you to it."

"Okay, Ji!" Chungha replied.

Before even Chungha said "Ji", Jeongyeon had figured out it was Jihyo.

I should've known she was at home after all... Aish, okay, Chungha hasn't asked her to join us so far, maybe I'll get off the hook?

Jeongyeon then waited for Chungha to come back from the bathroom. She waited so that she could show Chungha where her bedroom was since her bedroom position had changed since the last time Chungha was there.

"Okay, you ready to go?" Jeongyeon asked as soon as Chungha arrived.

"Yeah, sure... Oh, do you mind if we bring some snacks? I'll help you carry them."

"Okay..."

"In case we get "snack-y" later." Chungha pointed out.

"Oh, yeah, that makes sense. Let me just find them." Jeongyeon smiled as she said that.