Chapter 7 - Moment of Admission

And in he walked - cool, calm and with a smile on his face. He looked well-mannered and friendly. They've talked during award shows in the past and were generally friendly towards each other, however they never talked much beyond some remarks regarding their groups or the shows they were at.

And so, Suho was now sitting across from Jeongyeon at a diner in Seoul.

"Hi." Jeongyeon started out shyly. She was a just slightly overwhelmed by the great smile and positive energy that Suho was beaming with.

She felt like it wasn't an act or something that he put on as a facade when he talked to other people - he generally seemed like a nice person - the way he was described to her by other people in the past, it matched with his general attitude that she was seeing now.

"Hi!" He replied with an even bigger grin on his face, trying to ease the situation so that Jeongyeon wouldn't feel nervous around him.

Jeongyeon's shoulders suddenly relaxed as she exhaled a sigh of relief - this felt nice. It was just a mere greeting, but it felt nice to be in his company.

Suho chose this specific diner because he frequents there from time to time and he knows people who work there - therefore, he knows that it was possible for them to have a private conversation without being followed around by other people. They were even seated in a booth that was out of sight for most customers - Suho told Jeongyeon about it in case she should arrive earlier than him, which she did.

A waitress came almost immediately to take their order, high fiving Suho like they've known each other for a while. Suho introduced the waitress to Jeongyeon. The waitress squealed from happiness for just a moment, but immediately calmed down so that she wouldn't draw attention from other people in the diner. Jeongyeon shook her hand with a huge smile on her face. Once they ordered their food and drinks, they started to talk.

"I'm so sorry I'm late" he started to apologize sincerely "I was taking Sehun for a private guitar lesson and there was traffic... Sometimes, it really feels like I'm the father of the group haha".

Jeongyeon could immediately relate and she had another huge smile on her face. He smiled back. She replied:

"Oh, no need to apologize, I only waited a minute or two, so it's really not an issue heh... And, I get the whole "being the parent of the group thing"..."

"Oh, good to hear, a fellow parent haha! I didn't know that... I don't think we've talked much outside of the award shows, right?"

"Right... But, I have heard about you."

"And I about you!" Suho replied smiling once again. "How are the other girls?"

"Great!" Jeongyeon admitted. "Busy at the moment, but great"

"Yeah, I know your schedule, packed as always... I do hope that being the parent of the group doesn't wear you out too much"

"No, no it doesn't... They're kids, but, I manage... And I get help so yeah..." Jeongyeon smiled as she thought of Jihyo at that moment. "How about you?"