Chapter 67 - Moment of Looking For The Answers

"I told you we should've moved faster." Nayeon was the first to mumble those words under her breath. The rest of the group remained silent, not knowing what to say as they stared at Jeongyeon and Jihyo who stared right back.

Silence.

"What. Are you. Doing here?" Jeongyeon managed to ask.

Silence again.

"Didn't I ask you to stay out of this situation?" she asked again. This line got Jihyo interested.

"Well... We did try to stay out of it. We... just got caught." Momo replied. Jeongyeon facepalmed and heavily sighed.

"Wait... Did they know? Since when do they know?" Jihyo then asked staying behind Jeongyeon.

"Last night. Jeongyeon confessed to us all. She was drunk. We tried to stop her but she couldn't stop talking about it." Mina softly explained as Nayeon was holding her hand.

"And you know... how much?" Jihyo asked again.

"Well everything..." Sana admitted.

This time both Jeongyeon and Jihyo facepalmed and sighed, pinching the bridge of their nose afterwards.

"Look... They're synchronized" Nayeon noted while giggling, causing everyone to chuckle.

Jeongyeon and Jihyo then raised their heads and gave them a glare that silenced them immediately.

"Angry moms, very angry moms." Dahyun noted, her voice shivering.

"Look..." Nayeon started to explain. "We didn't want to interfere, but at the same time, we wanted to know what was going on. You are our co-members and we deserve to know if something is wrong within our group. Now yes, we might've eavesdropped and that's not okay... But... We were scared. Worried. We didn't know what was going to happen."

"We would've told you..." Jeongyeon replied exasperated with a heavy sigh. She then mumbled to Jihyo that they should've checked earlier if anyone was listening, Jihyo just nodded in agreement.

"When, though? Because it seems to us that you both can keep your secrets for a very long time... And these aren't the types of secrets you should be hiding."

"Hey, it's a private conversation, Nayeon!" Jihyo replied, a bit angry this time.

"It's a private conversation when it's just about you too... But when it concerns the fate of the group as well, I think it's okay if we're all in the loop." Nayeon defended. She then added:

"When Momo and Chaeyoung had a rough time, we let them alone, but when it came to the fate of the group because of their behavior, we deserved to know what was going to happen in their absence, isn't that true?"

Jeongyeon and Jihyo then turned around and faced each other. They nodded knowingly. Momo and Chaeyoung did the same.

"Okay, fine. The group is going on a vacatio-"

"Can we come in? I feel awkward that we're doing this in the hallway." Sana noted.

"Sure." Jihyo replied and now all nine members were in Jihyo's and Momo's room.

Nayeon, Mina and Chaeyoung were sitting on one bed, while Sana, Momo, Dahyun and Tzuyu were sitting on the other one. Jeongyeon and Jihyo were standing in the middle of the room, facing all of them.

"As I was saying... The group is taking a vacation." Jeongyeon spoke again. Jihyo then added:

"I think that we deserved a vacation no matter what. The promotions were hard enough and we need to recharge our batteries... So yeah, this vacation was inevitable and it's going to last for two months."