Chapter 43 - Moment of Discussing the Future

As soon as Red Velvet was done with their performance, Twice greeted them and then headed out towards their mansion. They all took a limousine home and the silence during the drive was unusually awkward.

Chaeyoung was sitting between Dahyun and Sana, leaning her head towards Dahyun while looking in the middle-distance. Momo sat next to Tzuyu and was looking at Chaeyoung the entire time, her eyes were beginning to water but she managed to keep her cool. Tzuyu even held her hand in support.

Mina and Nayeon were sitting together next to Jeongyeon and Jihyo, Nayeon being the closer one. And even though she was focused on everyone inside the limousine, most of the time she couldn't shift her eyes away from Jeongyeon and Jihyo.

Jeongyeon was sitting in an upright position, arms to the side, vacantly looking forwards while Jihyo was sitting right next to her, leaning her head on her shoulder and holding Jeongyeon's hand while drawing little circles on it with the other. She too stared forward and it was all silent.

Usually when there's this much silence between the group, one could blame it on them being tired and while there was some truth to that, no one could argue that it was mostly due to the tenseness felt in the air - no one wanted to say anything.

"You okay?" Nayeon then quietly whispered towards Mina who was silently leaning her head on Nayeon's shoulder.

Mina then softly took Nayeon's hand and kissed her knuckles ever so gently. She then made eye-contact with Nayeon, causing Nayeon to furiously blush. She then said: "Now I am." 

She then intertwined their fingers and smiled at her.

No one noticed, and Nayeon was glad because the amount of red she was having on her face right now was worthy of a couple of jokes. She couldn't hide her grin.

Mina then just rested her head back onto Nayeon's shoulder and Nayeon continued to smile.

It was a stark contrast to the two that were literally sitting next to them.

Jeongyeon and Jihyo without a smile on their faces, just worried expressions.

Jeongyeon didn't know what could be said in this situation, but, like Jihyo had previously mentioned, they should discuss their situation at home considering that they still are in the same group and live under the same roof.

As soon as they arrived, the group silently scattered throughout the mansion, everyone going to their respective rooms to get changed and to clean themselves up. It was an eerie feeling because such a silence was very rare.

Jeongyeon and Jihyo decided to stay in the living room, allowing everyone else to go and take a shower before them. And because they needed to talk.

They sat on the smallest couch that was also the closest to the TV. As they approached the couch, Jihyo never let go of Jeongyeon's hand and Jeongyeon didn't want her to.

Even when they sat down, Jihyo was still holding Jeongyeon's hand and was now reaching to hold the other.

They looked at each other worried. Jeongyeon felt like crying again but she managed to hold back the tears. Jihyo looked like she was about to cry too, but Jeongyeon was uncertain if that was true or not.

"So..."

"So..." the two started to speak but couldn't come up with anything clever. They just awkwardly smiled at each other, still holding hands.

"I don't know much about your crush that you have for me, so, I guess I... I should know some things in order for us to get a grip on things. See how we will move on from here easily."