Chapter 53 - Moment of Amazing Detective Skills

The band played half of their set, earning an applause after every song. The atmosphere in this small club was nice, tranquil and warm. The whole scene filled with candlelight made it feel like the audience was in their own living room and the group was playing just for them before bedtime.

To say that Jeongyeon was enjoying her time would be an understatement - a smile on her face the entire time as she swayed from side to side on her chair, her eyes shining and wide open as she watched and listened to every note being played on the stage. She felt like it was the most comfortable vibe a person could get in that moment.

Jeongyeon was just lost in the music.

And yet, this time, she just wasn't thinking anymore - only clearing her mind gently.

The band then announced that they would be taking a small break to freshen up. They were accompanied with a small applause as they temporarily left the stage.

Jeongyeon then turned to Chungha and Chungha did likewise. They hadn't spoken since the band played. They just comfortably sat next to each other after their last mini-conversation, sipping slowly on their glasses of wine.

"So... What do you think so far?" Jeongyeon started.

"Well..." Chungha squinted her eyes. She then added:

"This is usually not my scene... I'm not a fan of jazz music."

"Oh... Oh wow, I apologize for dragging you here then."

"No, no, it's okay... New experiences and all... I've never seen a band play live jazz music before. I had only heard jazz play if someone would play it at a gathering or something similar to that, but never a live band. This was... Okay." Chungha nodded her head as she said "okay" and smiled. She then added:

"Plus, you said you wanted to meet up and so I thought "well, this should be an interesting evening."." she chuckled as she said that last part, making Jeongyeon crack a smile.

Interesting evening, huh?

"Well... I invited you because..." Jeongyeon then remembered why she actually called Chungha. It was because of Momo.

It was because she lied about where she herself would be tonight and because Momo wanted to hang out with someone. And so Jeongyeon needed at least one person to appear. And that person just so happened to be Chungha.

Chungha who said she could be just Jeongyeon's friend and someone who could listen to Jeongyeon if she had a problem.

Jeongyeon didn't mention Momo or the previous lies while she texted Chungha before, she just asked Chungha if she would join her that evening for a concert in a small club. Chungha agreed.

And now here they were. Jeongyeon started to debate with herself if she should tell Chungha the full story of how this entire evening happened. But she landed on a compromise.

"...because Momo, from my group, she wanted to get out of the house and she wanted to hang out around new people so I called a couple of people to join us, one of them was you and so yeah..." There, nothing too much exposed, and yet I told the truth, good on you Jeong!

"Oh... And here I thought this was a special occasion hah... I thought this was a "one-on-one" evening..."

"Yeah, no... I wanted to keep things simple in the texts."

"Simple ay? So... Something must be complicated if you wanted to keep things simple." Chungha then took a sip of her wine, a victorious smile on her face.

"Oh wow, you're quite the detective!" Jeongyeon noted.

"I just listen to people... Also, you've mentioned Momo. Where is she then? Is she hiding somewhere? Is she... embarrassed?" Chungha joked, causing Jeongyeon to laugh heartily.