Chapter 44 - Moment of Surprises

"Momo?" Jihyo immediately got up from the couch upon seeing her co-member cry in the kitchen. Before she did that, she gave Jeongyeon a look, as if she was asking her if it was okay to leave their conversation.

Jeongyeon approvingly nodded and got up with Jihyo as well.

Our kid needs us! Jeongyeon thought to herself. Well... Not "our" kid anymore, but still... Momo needs us!

The two slowly approached Momo who was quietly sobbing while sitting at the kitchen counter, holding a water bottle in her hand. She looked broken.

Quiet whimpers came out of her as she looked at the ground.

Jihyo and Jeongyeon were standing close by. 

"Momo... What happened?" Jihyo asked in the most caring way imaginable, trying to be there for her co-member.

"Nothing." Momo nearly stuttered out as she kept on weeping.

"Do you need a hug?" Jihyo then asked.

"No." Momo replied in a higher pitch this time, still crying. She then turned around and immediately went for a hug with Jihyo.

Jihyo was surprised but managed to embrace her just in time, she even managed to hold her water bottle. Jeongyeon then took the water bottle so that it would be easier for Jihyo to hold Momo. They nodded at each other as Jeongyeon put the water bottle away. You could see Jihyo appreciated Jeongyeon being there.

Teamwork? Yay?

Jeongyeon then stood there as a shaking Momo sobbed in Jihyo's hands for a while. Silence.

Momo hadn't cried like this in a while, or at least Jeongyeon and Jihyo haven't seen her cry like this in a while.

Nayeon suddenly came out of her and Mina's room while holding Mina's hand.  Huge grins on their faces. Nayeon was nearly about to open her mouth. It looked like she had an announcement to make but as soon as they saw Momo, both Mina and Nayeon lost their smiles and hurried over to see what was wrong with Momo so they could comfort her.

"Hey, buddy, what happened?" Nayeon asked in the softest voice she could come up with.

 Jihyo immediately shook her head "no", realizing Momo probably won't answer either.

Nayeon then decided to hug Momo as well, and soon Mina joined in. It was a Momo-hug-fest.

Jeongyeon stood outside the circle and watched, not knowing what to do or how to help. 

"We're here for you, you know?" Mina then said with the softest voice she had. To that, Momo finally raised her head, eyes all red from crying. She looked at Mina and hugged her once again, but this time only her.

Mina gently hugged back, surprised at Momo's reaction.

"She... She... She... She said that... That it's over." Momo finally let it slip from her mouth and then continued to cry.

Silence.

Nobody knew how to react.

After a while Momo raised her head:

"Why is no one surprised? Was I the only blind one that didn't see it coming?" she managed to speak before getting back to more crying on Mina's shoulder.

Mina tried to calm her down by patting her on the head and shoulder and hugging her gently. Momo never let go. Jihyo was close by, monitoring the situation.

Nayeon then turned towards Jeongyeon:

"This is what I've been talking about. We need you on this. We need you and Jihyo on this."