Chapter 34 - Moment of Enjoying the Day

"So... What did you want to talk about before?" Jihyo suddenly asked as they walked out of the car and went towards the studio.

Jeongyeon knew exactly what Jihyo was talking about and was currently fearing the worst. Still, she asked:

"Uhm... Be more precise, please?" she teased her.

"Oh, right, yeah... Sorry... I've been mostly living in my head lately, I forgot other people don't live there as well."

"You're such a dork" Jeongyeon teased her again, this time earning herself a slap on the shoulder. They both giggled.

"I meant... Before I left the mansion... You said you needed to talk to me... Before I left, you said that it could wait."

"It can still wait" Jeongyeon joked, making Jihyo smile this time.

"You sure?" Jihyo played along.

"Yeah, it's really not that important."

"Hey" Jihyo then stopped and grabbed Jeongyeon by the hand. "Don't do this... I know you want to make things easy on me because I'm going through something, but I'm still your friend, co-member and the leader of this group... If there's something bothering you, I would want to know so that I could help." Jihyo spoke with much sincerity.

Jeongyeon tried to move the conversation along as they went inside the studio.

"I was thinking of entering a music competition soon, with my saxophone playing... But then the comeback arrived, and so I wanted to talk about coordinating my ambitions with that of the group." Jeongyeon lied. Well, partially. There was a music competition that she did want to enter but she had to ignore it due to Twice's comeback.

However, obviously, that's not what she wanted to talk about before Jihyo had left.

But, she didn't want Jihyo to have more on her plate, so partial lies were in order.

Jihyo just nodded at Jeongyeon's response.

"I get it. Well, I would've supported your thing no matter what. And maybe there's still time for you to get into that competition? Or?"

"Actually no, not currently" Jeongyeon smiled. "But thank you. I appreciate it."

"Of course" Jihyo responded with a soft smile while looking at Jeongyeon with her big brown eyes.

Ugh, that stare... That stare could melt the entire world. Global warming ain't got nothing on you, Ji!

Soon they entered the studio and greeted everyone present.

"Well, let me do it then!" Jeongyeon spoke aloud, sighing.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just a bit nervous"

"Why?"

"I don't know... New song, new everything" And it's about you! And you are here! Damn! This is happening! - Jeongyeon was suddenly hit with that realization.

She is going to sing about Jihyo in front of Jihyo!

But, she tried to calm her nerves down. It was, in fact, her job to sing and perform and she aimed to do it professionally.

"Breathe in, breathe out" Jihyo calmed her down as well. Jeongyeon followed her instructions, shook her head and went into the recording booth to sing the song.

One flawless take.

Well, as much as it could be for a vocal guide recording.

Jeongyeon came out of the booth with a proud look on her face, and Jihyo was beaming proudly as well.