Chapter 50 - Moment of Mom's Self-Sacrifice

Momo and Chaeyoung got up that day to face the world.

They were no longer together, and they decided they would be working on their relationship as friends in the future. They knew it was going to be hard but they had to adapt if they wanted for things to work.

"So, you're okay to go out with us and promote?" Jihyo asked as everyone was getting ready.

"Yeah... And it's better this way... This way we can do something useful but also we get to think about literally anything else than the breakup." Chaeyoung replied smiling.

"Okay, good to know" Jihyo nodded.

That doesn't actually sound bad... Chaeyoung is wise for her age. Jeongyeon noted from the side.

"Okay, so we have a showcase today so I hope you two are both physically ready to perform, since you've been on the couch for the last two and a half days."  Momo and Chaeyoung chuckled at Jihyo's response. They agreed that they would do their best to meet everyone's expectations.

"Why don't you ask them about your dancing thing?" Nayeon noted as she passed by.

"What dancing thing?" Chaeyoung asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Well... I didn't want to ask since, well, you've been through a break-up, but since someone mentioned it..." Jihyo then side-glanced at Nayeon, while Nayeon gave her a playful smirk.

"...There's this dancing class that I wanted to enroll next week. Well, first I want to try it out and see if I'll like it... And then I went around the room this morning asking if anyone would like to keep me company-"

"I'll do it!" Chaeyoung immediately replied.

"You will?" Jihyo was surprised.

"Yeah, like I said... I need to get out of the house more."

"Well... Well, that's great! Uh, Nayeon and Mina will be joining us and Sana said she might join too!"

"My beer pong buddy? Amazing!" Chaeyoung cheered.

"I might. Key word." Sana added.

"Momo you?" Jihyo then asked.

"I'll have to think about it." Momo bit her lip nervously and avoided Jihyo's gaze.

"You okay, there?"

"Yeah, yeah... Just need to think it over."

Momo then went to change into her outfit.

"Is she going to be okay?" Jihyo asked Chaeyoung.

"She will... She just needs more time. But she's getting better."

Jihyo just nodded. She had a look on her face that Jeongyeon could only describe as "worried".

Damn... was the only thought she had in mind.

"Anyway... Are we soon ready to go?" Jihyo asked the entire group through the hallways of the mansion. The group was nearly done changing and they were off to have another busy day.

And the following day.

And basically every day after that.

Momo and Chaeyoung didn't cause any problems and all the Twice members could see that their relationship as friends was going to be strong. It was also good that everyone offered to help and be there for them in case of an "emergency cry session". It wasn't needed for now, but it was a service the members offered to each other in need.

Jeongyeon spent the week working hard during promotions and her mind was mostly focused on the work that needed to be done. After an exhausting day, she would, just like the rest of her group, spend her time in her room, relaxing and regaining strength.