Chapter 62 - Moment of Temporary "Change" in Leadership

"Ohhhh, look, look, Jeong, it's your girlfriend on TV, look, she's performing!" Nayeon would tease as soon as she would see Chungha anywhere. And Chungha's performances have been on TV a lot lately, so Jeongyeon was surprised she could manage to find time to hang out.

But, I guess it's possible if you manage your time properly... And if you really want to hang out with someone... Hmmm...

Jeongyeon couldn't be mad at Nayeon, though. If anything, she chuckled every time Nayeon would mention Chungha because it didn't seem like something she should get riled up about.

And the first time Jeongyeon did say that she would "murder" Nayeon was more because Nayeon was eavesdropping on her conversation with Chungha than anything else that had happened.

During one of the drives to one of the events, Nayeon asked her when she would bring Chungha back to the mansion again.

"I don't know heh... I was thinking of spending the night at her place though, just so you're all aware of my whereabouts."

"Oooooh" the car cooed with everyone trying to tease Jeongyeon. She just smiled.

She looked at Jihyo who wasn't reacting at all, just looking out the window.

"So are we admitting that you two are dating?" Sana then asked.

"Uh, no" Jeongyeon replied chuckling.

"Why not?" Momo teased.

"Because... We're not? Bahaha... Do you really think I'm dating her?" Jeongyeon asked sincerely.

"Seriously, you don't see it Jeong?" Sana asked.

"See that you're saying something that is not true?" Jeongyeon pointed out.

"You too have been really close... You sure there's nothing there?" Nayeon then asked sincerely, connecting Sana's observation with her own.

"Positive." Jeongyeon replied. She felt honest when she said that.

"Oh... Okay... I guess I misread the situation." Nayeon then nodded her head in approval.

Jeongyeon nodded back. Silence. But not for long.

"It's just that... She invited you to her place after she spent a night at our place... And she kissed you on the cheek as she was leaving... At least tell me.... Are you sure she doesn't have feelings for you or something?" Nayeon quickly went back to the subject. She just couldn't let it go at that point.

"She..." Jeongyeon paused, but soon admitted, without much hesitation: "... She told me once that she would like to go out on a date with me, but I turned her down, since... I wasn't interested. I'm still not interested because I don't see her that way. She then apologized about being upfront and then asked me if we could be friends... And so, we're now friends.. So to answer your question, I don't think she has feelings for me, not anymore that is." Jeongyeon honestly replied.

All of the memberes nodded to that statement. There was some silence so the members could take in all of that information.

And then Nayeon came with a reply:

"You are friends, yeah... Friends that make out in your bedroom haha!"

Jeongyeon just rolled her eyes.

"Believe what you want, we didn't make out, nor do I think about it."

At this point, Jihyo was listening intently to the conversation, but didn't comment on anything.

"Mhm" Nayeon teased back, but kept quiet for the rest of the ride.

Another day spent doing promotions. Another day filled with places to go.