Chapter 59 - Moment of Trying To Avoid An Awkward Situation

Days passed. Promotions happened. Radio interviews. TV show interviews. Peformances. Dance videos. Everything and anything just to promote their new comeback.

The lives of members of Twice have always been hectic, but they were especially hectic during promotions. Everything needed to look good, sound good and generally be good, otherwise the whole thing just wouldn't work.

Momo and Chaeyoung were calm enough not to cause any scenes anywhere, it seemed like they were back to their usual shenanigans. Like they've already mentioned, they weren't officially back together, but they pretty much acted as if they were. Dahyun and Tzuyu also kept things under control, as well as Mina, Nayeon and Sana.

Jeongyeon kept her distance, but was friendly towards everyone and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Jihyo also got better - she went from being silent and closed up to someone who would even give a smile to the group every now and then. It was hard, but she managed as far as Jeongyeon could tell. But at the same time, Jeongyeon would also see that she was hurting. That things weren't the same.

And even though Jeongyeon knew that the situation in the group can get intense and that they needed a leader to keep things under control, she knew that usually Jihyo would keep her head above water and carry on.

Which can only mean that something else is bothering her beside the group. Is  it just me? Am I the only one giving her real problems? Jeongyeon would think to herself every now and then when she would notice Jihyo's behavior.

Jeongyeon and Jihyo would communicate with each other, but their conversations would only be group-related and nothing more. They've talked just enough so that anyone, particularly Nayeon who was the most observant one, wouldn't notice there was a problem between the two.

During these times, Jeongyeon's texting with Chungha had become more frequent as well. It started off with them just casually mentioning songs, but soon their conversations went into many different directions, from lighthearted to philosophical. 

Jeongyeon would, without realizing it, move aside from the others whenever she would get a text from Chungha. Like she needed privacy. Like she was hiding her.

The first couple of days she didn't notice that she was doing that, but when Nayeon pointed it out, she became much more aware of her behavior and tried not to be so obvious about it.

There was this inherent shame of being caught in a situation like that. Jeongyeon didn't know why she felt that. After all, she considered Chungha to be a friend.

And as fate would have it, due to some technical issues, an event got cancelled on one of the days of Twice's promotions. It wasn't anything big, but the organizers didn't want to put Twice in danger. The members had an entire day free and were extremely excited because days like that rarely happen.

Jeongyeon: I can't believe it! We have a day off during promotions! Like, so good! I'm just so excited! :)))

Chungha: That's great! :))) So what is your plan for today going to be then?

Jeongyeon: Oh I don't know... I'll probably go home and relax in my room, maybe watch a movie or something like that :)

Chungha: Oh, that's fair! :) I thought you might want to hang out since it's your free day, but I respect that you want to rest :) Okay, enjoy your day then hehe ^^

Jeongyeon then thought for a moment.

I mean... We could hang out, I don't see the harm in that. Go out for a meal or whatever... Maybe later then we can chill together too... No harm in that, no harm in that. Yeah. No harm in that.