Chapter 75 - Moment of Mom Deciding To Stay

Jihyo stared at Jeongyeon as Jeongyeon continued to quietly peel the potatoes at the table. They were sitting across from each other.

Jihyo even stopped peeling her own potatoes for a second just so that she could look at Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon got into peeling and eventually even started to hum along to the song that was playing on the radio. She quietly hummed while still staying focused on the potatoes.

I should... Say something? Wait, what? What should I say? Brain? Hellooooo?! Why would I want to say anything? Weird........

"Are you gonna watch me peel all day or are you gonna help me out?" Jeongyeon then asked, shaking Jihyo out of her trance.

"Uh... I... I should go prepare the chicken." Jihyo then suddenly got up from the table.

"Stop avoiding the inevitable!" Jeongyeon shouted out in return.

"What?" Can she read my mind? What is she even talking about? I'm scared!

"I'm not going to prepare the whole meal for the family, I need help." Jeongyeon then explained while holding a peeled potato in her hand.

"Oh like I would let you make the whole meal for the family, you would probably ruin it." Nice. Save!

The rest of the meal preparation was done in silence as Jihyo didn't want to start a conversation that would just go nowhere. She decided to silence her brain as she too started to hum along to the song that was playing on the radio.

Once the meal was done, they invited Jihyo's parents to join them and eat their lunch.

"Oh it smells delicious, you two really have outdone yourselves" Jihyo's father was the first one to point that out.

"Jeongyeon, have you thought about moving here after you're done with Twice? We could use a great cook such as yourself." Jihyo's mother then chimed in, causing them all to chuckle.

Well, all except for Jihyo.

"Heeey! I helped out too!"

"We know you did sweetie, but we know you're moving back here after Twice anyway, so we didn't think we should ask." Jihyo's father then joked, causing Jeongyeon to laugh heartily.

"Whatever..." Jihyo rolled her eyes and started to eat her meal.

"So, Jeongyeonie... How have things been?" Jihyo's father then shifted his attention towards Jeongyeon.

"Oh great actually - we've just finished with our promotions, it was a really great comeback for us and we've put a lot of work into it."

"Ah yes.... Or should I say Yes or Yes?" he joked, causing Jeongyeon to laugh once again. "It was a great song, I loved all of the performances I've seen so far."

"Thank you!" Jeongyeon replied. She then added:

"...Other than that... I don't know if there's anything worth mentioning. We're usually very focused on our music."

"Oh, that's what Jihyo over here tells me... And I trust that you are focused on it, but is there nothing new in your life? I think I heard you got back to your saxophone playing, am I right?"

"Oh, yes, that... Well, I just told mama Park last night that I was going to enter some competitions... Hopefully soon. I've been postponing it for a while, but I hope I'll get into one..."

"Oh, that sound great! Please do invite us when you get the chance."

"I'll make sure I do hehe"