Chapter 77 - Moment of Messing Up a Confession

"Mh..." Jeongyeon murmured as she hugged Jihyo in her sleep tighter.

Jihyo was still in panic mode. At first she couldn't remember much that happened last night, especially when her headache started to weigh in. It wasn't a painful headache, but Jihyo still felt the pressure.

However, unlike Jeongyeon's memory, Jihyo's soon started to get back on track, despite the small headache.

And oh wow... I am a... boring drunk. Jihyo sighed happily.

Nothing that she could remember from last night made her feel anxious - sure, she had a couple of drinks more than she anticipated, but she remembered she drank a lot of water as well and she managed to keep it cool in front of her parents so nothing got weird.

She even remembered joining her father later in the evening when they covered a song together, it was heartwarming. Even a smile appeared on Jihyo's face remembering that.

She then also remembered she got upstairs later with Jeongyeon, but nothing out of the ordinary happened. She doesn't remember saying much to Jeongyeon in any case, but she remembers they didn't exchange too much information before getting to bed.

So everything is fine! I'm a boring drunk! And this call I'm going to receive from Chungha today is probably nothing... Yay for me!

But... I do need to go to the bathroom right now, so... Let's just wiggle out of Jeongyeon's warm embrace... Humph... Okay, move, body, move... You can do this, body... But... Heh...It is cosy here now that I think about it... I would love to stay for a couple of more moments...... but I need to go.

As soon as Jihyo wiggled her way out of Jeongyeon's embrace, Jeongyeon started to groan in protest.

"Nooo... stay..." she huffed under her breath.

"I'll be back soon." Jihyo giggled at Jeongyeon being adorable in the morning.

I mean, she's so cute, I could just... Nevermind...

Jihyo started to think about one particular thing she wanted to do Jeongyeon in that moment, but she managed to stop herself. She felt like she hasn't thought about Jeongyeon in a non-platonic way for a while now and she was happy.

I can control you, brain. She smirked as she thought of that. She then turned around and looked at Jeongyeon lying in her bed. I hope I can....

Jihyo took a couple of steps to the exit of her room and that's when Jeongyeon finally managed to mutter, this time in a louder tone of voice:

"So, you're just going to leave your wife in the morning without a kiss? I don't think I agreed to that last night."

"Hah, I think you remember wrongly" Jihyo chuckled. "Because I know such an agreement didn't happen last night. I remember a lot."

"Damn, I thought I could trick you..." Jeongyeon replied while covering her face with her hand, trying to hide it from the light that was coming in through the window.

"Don't wake up, I'll be right back." Jihyo pleaded.

"Yeah, okay, just get me a glass of water... for later, please..."

"Sure thing." Jihyo quietly replied as she got downstairs.

After she was done with the bathroom, she took two glasses of water to her bedroom and got back into bed with Jeongyeon.

"Backpack or a crumpled piece of paper?"

"What?"

"Do you want me to be the backpack or a crumpled piece of paper?"