Chapter 81 - Moment of Great Bravery

"Jihyo, stop!" Jeongyeon shouted out of nowhere. Her tone was loud, but apologetic, right from the start.

Jihyo stopped in her tracks and slowly turned around, wiping a single tear from her eye.

"I... I shouldn't have said that. Especially in the way that I said it. I'm sorry." Jeongyeon apologized sincerely.

"I forgive you." Jihyo quietly replied. "Although you did raise a good point, so... there's not much to forgive. It's me... I should ask for forgiveness... And so I am. Can you forgive me?"

"Of course I can, dork." Jeongyeon replied smiling. This caused Jihyo's shoulders to be less tense. She even smiled as well.

"Thank you." they both said at the same time, causing them to chuckle.

"Look... I'd be a fool to let this opportunity go. And even though it could be dangerous for me.. and for us and our relationship as friends.... Jihyo... I'm willing to try something." Jeongyeon replied somewhat confidently.

"Try what?"

"A date."

"What?" Jihyo deadpanned.

"I'm asking you out on a real, proper date. You and I. Yoo Jeongyeon and Park Jihyo. Two best friends. Going on a date."

"Yeah, yeah, I figured who we are in this scenario." Jihyo scoffed.

"But... I want to make you feel nice. I want to treat you the way I always treat you - as my best friend, co-member and the person that I have feelings for. I want to be open with you and about myself. I want to show you my feelings, insecurities, fears and hopes. Not just fears and hopes about us, but about many things in life. But mainly about us since it's a date hah" that last part made Jihyo chuckle.

"And I hope that when we go on that date... You will be able to open up yourself to me about us as well... I hope you could share all your hopes and fears that you have about us... And maybe then we will both realize, emotionally and otherwise, if this is a good idea or not."

"Wow... That actually sounds.... Very mature of you."

"You seem surprised?" Jeongyeon smirked at her.

"I just... Didn't think you could come up with such a good explanation right on the spot."

"Well, I can still surprise you, I guess..."

"That you can, that you can... So... How does it work? Like, one date and then what?" Jihyo was curious, raising her tone, looking around like she was planning something elaborate.

"Sure. One date. But if we like it, we can go on another one... See how things go, one step at a time. We don't have to rush anything. If we see that we like going on dates with each other, we can continue doing that until we're certain that we want to move on to the next stage... And if we don't want to do that... Well, at least we tried."

"Hmm..." Jihyo thought for a second, but she was already getting excited about this idea.

"So.... It can be one date, but, if we're still not sure, we can go on multiple ones?" Jihyo wanted to know.

"Yes." Jeongyeon calmly replied. She then stood up and took Jihyo by the hand.

Jihyo lowered her gaze, feeling the blood rush to her cheeks.

"Are you blushing?"

"Nooo... Stoooop!" Jihyo then slapped Jeongyeon on the shoulder, while still holding her hand.

"I'm not doing anything." Jeongyeon giggled.

"Yes you aaaare, you're asking me if I'm blushiiiing, stoooop" Jihyo slapped her once again, smiling.