Chapter 73 - Moment of More Realizations and More Denial

Jihyo woke up lying on her back. She was slowly opening her eyes as she felt pressure on the right side of her body, like something was lying on top of her right side of her body. She was still trying to adjust herself and trying to figure out why she felt pressure there. And why she felt warmth on that side of her body as well.

She opened up her eyes slowly and carefully. She looked at the ceiling and then downward on her own body and found an arm across her torso, with the palm reaching just below her chest. She also felt a leg lying on top of her own legs.

What the...?

Jihyo then slowly turned to her right. She was now face-to-face with Jeongyeon. A Jeongyeon that was still sleeping. A Jeongyeon whose face was close to Jihyo's. A Jeongyeon whose lips were close to Jihyo's.

And all of a sudden, Jihyo couldn't stop staring at them. They weren't moving. They weren't going to attack her or anything, and yet, Jihyo couldn't take her eyes off of them.

 They weren't going to attack her or anything, and yet, Jihyo couldn't take her eyes off of them

Don't be a pervert, don't be a pervert, don't be a pervert... She's sleeping, stop staring at her!

Jihyo then closed her eyes and tried not to think about looking at Jeongyeon and her lips.

Unbeknownst to Jihyo, Jeongyeon furrowed her eyebrows as she still held her eyes closed. Slowly, she started to move around with her body. Jihyo found this weird, so she opened her eyes again and it looked like Jeongyeon was dreaming about something and that was the reason why she was moving.

A small smile appeared as she was looking at Jeongyeon. Peace overcame Jihyo. It felt pleasant to look at her this way once she wasn't focused on any particular part of her face. She was now quietly looking at a Jeongyeon that was sleeping and dreaming. Peacefully. 

Jihyo then slowly turned her head and looked up at the ceiling.

Ah... This is actually quite nice. A quiet, uneventful morning. Just us, lying here. The rain had stopped falling finally. I think I even hear birds outside, that's nice...

Jihyo thought that nothing could spoil this peace right now.

And then, out of nowhere, the hand that was just below Jihyo's chest flung right up and hit Jihyo in the face, more precisely, into her nose.

"Ow!" Jihyo exclaimed, grabbing her nose, wincing in pain.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry! Let me get some tissues!" Jeongyeon immediately got up and hopped over Jihyo to go to the drawer and find them. She looked around for a couple of seconds before she finally found them and grabbed the whole pack. 

She was in such a panic that she didn't even notice that there was suddenly silence in the room.

When she turned around, came back to bed and looked up from the pack of tissues, Jihyo was already smiling.