Chapter Six (N.H.)

Chapter Six

Dear darlin', please excuse my writing.

I can't stop my hands from shaking

'Cause I'm cold and alone tonight.

"You ready?" Harry asked the next morning, that same reassuring smile he'd been giving me all week showing yet again. I gave him the fake one I was giving him... along with a nod.

"As ready as I'll ever be..." I answered, looking into the mirror only to wish I hadn't. There was massive black circles underneath my eyes, my hair was a mess... I looked like I hadn't slept in weeks.. and to be honest it feels like I hadn't.

"I... I'll wait for you downstairs then?" Harry connected eyes with me in the mirror, worry etched on his face. I didn't say and I'm guessing he took that as a yes.

"Harry..." I said finally after he left the bathroom. I stuck my head out the door, and Harry turned around at that.

"Are you okay?" I finally asked him, making him look at me with confusion.

"I'm fine... It's you I'm worried about..." He answered after a moment, still looking at me like I had lost my mind. I rolled my eyes at him before finally leaving the bathroom. I walked over to him and put my arms around his neck.

"I'm okay as long as I've got you." I whispered, kissing him softly. He chuckled after that before nuzzling noses with me.

"Sap."

"Only for you..." I played with the hair on the back of his neck, swirling it around my finger as we just stared at each other.

"I love you... so very much." He whispered, resting his forehead on mine.

"I love you too... " And for the first time this week my smile was real.

"Daddy and Mummy! Aunt Beth says we go!" A.J. came running into the hall, his hair a mess and his suit wrinkled.

"Okay squirt... Give us a minute."

"No. Aunt Beth say now." A.J. ran up to us and ended up standing in between Harry and I, he put both his hands on our legs and tried to push us apart.

"Alright. Alright. Calm yourself squirt. Mummy and I were just having a talk." Harry said, kissing my cheek before letting go. He picked up A.J. and then proceeded to kiss both his cheeks excessively.

"Da-Daddy stop!" A.J. squealed, his hands now trying to push Harry away from his face.

"Not until you kiss your mummy's cheek."

"But Daddy..."

"No buts." Harry shook his head before handing A.J. over to me. Instantly A.J. kissed my cheek, pulling away with a smile that I couldn't help but return.

"Love you little bean." I whispered, holding him close.

"Love you Mummy." A.J. replied, his little hands playing with my tie.

"Styles family if you don't hurry your asses up I'm gonna leave them!" Harry's eyes grew comically wide as Bethany shouted from downstairs.

A.J. didn't say anything...

"She just said asses and he didn't say anything..." Harry muttered, looking at A.J. for a reaction. A.J. let out a gasp before looking at Harry.

"Daddy! Swear jar!" A.J. screeched, pointing at Harry who's mouth was now wide open.

"You little f-"

"Harry..." I warned, trying not to giggle.

"Did you not see t-"

"Styles family, do not make me count to three!" Bethany screamed yet again. Harry was still blabbering about A.J.'s betrayal, so I took his hand and dragged him down the stairs. Bethany stood with hands on her hips, an annoyed expression on her face.

"Are you ready to go your majesties?" She huffed.

"Yes I am, thanks for asking." Harry replied, returning her expression.

"Remember how I apologized yesterday? Yeah, I take that back. You're still an asshole."

"Thanks. I take that as a compliment.... Seriously A.J.?! Why aren't you yelling a her for a swear jar?"

"Aunt Beth is queen. Daddy is peasant." Harry let out a gasp before looking at Bethany with narrowed eyes.

"You've ruined my son."

"I only spoke the truth." Bethany replied, shrugging as Harry stared at her.

"You sneaky little b-"

"Were going to be late... Ladies, you are both beautiful and I would love to bare witness to this, but we have somewhere we need to be." I intervened before it got out of hand, and Harry looked at me a little offended.

"Did you just call me a lady?!"

"Details sweetheart..."

"Daddy is a lady!"

---------------------

We arrived at the funeral home just a little after twelve, which was actually right on time. Everyone was still walking in, I even caught a glimpse of my mother and my brother Greg. It had been a while since I had seen either of them. Harry grabbed my hand before we climbed out, A.J., Blake and Bethany already walking up to the church.

"You okay?"

"Yeah..."

"You can do this Ni..." and I knew he wasn't talking about the funeral... he was talking about finally facing my family after so long...

Honestly I thought he was lying.

What would they want with me?

I left.

"Promise you won't leave my side?" I whispered, looking back out the window. Mum and Greg were no longer standing there.

"Promise. Now let's go meet the family shall we?" Harry smiled before climbing out of the car. I tried not to roll my eyes as he ran to my side to open my door. He offered me his arm as I climbed out.

"Just a warning, my family isn't anything like yours... and... Don't be surprised if they all hate you... I'm sure Mum told them all about you... Just be prepared alright? If they're anything li-" I stopped talking when I felt someone's cold hands on my shoulders. I stiffened when the smell of him hit me.

"Jimmy..." I whispered.

"Hello little brother."

----------------------------------------

Did you all die or something?

Last chapter only got seven comments and you guys can be quite somtimes... but you're never that quite.

I mean, if you're finding this story boring now just tell me. I won't be offended.

I honestly love your opinions (unless it's Nalex hate cause that ship has sailed) and now I'm kinda thinking you guys don't want me to update anymore xD

I mean the votes are still there...

The comments aren't.

And I honestly prefer the comments over the votes. Comments make me want to write....

I guess I just sound like a whiny bitch cause I shouldn't complain...

And you guys are probably like wtf are you doing a double update then?

Cause I know I won't have time tomorrow. I guess you could call this my apology?

I don't know.

Connie