Secrets

Today was my birthday, another six weeks had passed, and I've managed to not drive Kakashi away. We were now in our sixth month of dating as well. This was so surreal to me, but I was loving every minute of it. Rowan and I were currently in Kakashi's apartment while Kakashi was out on a mission.

"Will you be going out tonight?"

"I have no idea. I'm fine with staying home."

"Kakashi will probably want to take you out." Rowan pointed out.

"The last group outing didn't end well." Okay, that was a lie, it ended with amazing sex, but still.

"He's allowed to be jealous."

"That's true, but possessive and controlling is another story."

"And you're not?" If Rowan was human, I'm sure the look he was giving me would earn him a slap.

"Just because I growled the other day at that woman, doesn't make me possessive."

"She told him good morning." Rowan scoffed.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"If you keep having sex like rabbits, you'll end up pregnant again." His words were like a knife and I know he didn't mean them that way.

"You said yourself there's no controlling it."

"You're right. Your body will reproduce when it wants. I'm not sure how it works, buts it's just how your clan was."

"That's not helpful." I pointed out.

"It's like mating season with the wolves, it just happens."

"Speaking of, any pups due in spring?"

"Sage is having a litter."

"I wish I could see your pack." I grabbed a sketch pad and started sketching the large wolf. The sun was streaming through the balcony door as he basked in the warmth.

"Maybe one day." He mentioned and laid his head down on his crossed paws.

We sat in silence as I continued to sketch. I enjoyed sketching him and his brother, they were beautiful creatures. Such wisdom and knowledge wrapped into this brutal and ruthless predator. They were graceful and beautiful as well as lethal and deadly.

The sun had set and I was beginning to worry where Kakashi was. I could've sworn he said he'd be back tonight, but it was still early. After I talked myself out of freaking out, I decided a walk might be best.

"Rowan, let's go for a walk." The wolf simply rose and followed me out the door.

I wasn't sure what I was thinking, but I found myself standing on a familiar cliff. Shisui. I smiled and sat down, wanting to be close to him for a moment, wanting to share the events of the last year with him.

Shisui. I wonder what life would be like with you here. Would Kakashi and I have ended up together, like you said? Or would you and I have been married by now? Would I be a mother by now even? I closed my eyes and laid back on Rowan. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't help you with whatever you were mixed in. I'm sorry I couldn't help Itachi.

Maybe you were too pure for me too. You may have been ANBU, but your heart was never this dark and hardened. Kakashi is still too good for me though. Our lives may both be streaked with red, but he's so undeserving of his hardships. I wish I could rewrite his life sometimes. More than mine even.

My sixteenth birthday was the day you told me you loved me. The day you first made love to me. I can still feel your kiss, your hands and your embrace. I miss you, Shisui. Thank you, for showing me what love was like. I forgive you, I let go of the anger that I've held for you. Whatever the reason, I know in the end, you did it for me, and for the village.