Age: 13

"Kakashi-sensei!" The beautiful teenage girl jogged after the now twenty-year-old. Her hair was again in a braid, allowing her to train as her Hokage directed her.

"Don't call me that, Y/n." His voice was monotone, but she could sense he was annoyed with her.

Y/n fell into step with him as he walked through the village, "Will you please spar with me?"

"No," he snapped at her.

Y/n pouted, "But-" The girl was caught somewhere between a kid and an adult. The life of a Shinobi not yet truly influencing her.

Kakashi cut her off with a growl, "I said no."

Kakashi has become cold. He would hardly speak to Y/n. He didn't want to train the teenager. He worked, ANBU captain now. He always brushed Y/n aside as if she didn't matter. Being a moody, puberty-ridden teenager, Y/n broke. She let her emotions rule and said what she was thinking for once.

"You're not the only one that was left alone." It was hushed, but she knew Kakashi had heard her.

He stopped dead in his tracks.

"What?" He snarled as he turned to face the girl beside him.

"Minato-"

Y/n was suddenly pinned to one of the trees surrounding the path they were on. She grits her teeth at the pain that seared from his bruising shove against the bark of the tree. Her wrists were held tightly in his much larger hands.

"Don't," he grit out. His jaw was clenched tightly as his single onyx eye narrowed.

"You don't think I feel abandoned?" Tears brimmed as she voiced her thoughts again. Y/n had become much like Kakashi is not showing genuine emotions. The girl still showed happiness- but it was all a facade.

The grip on her wrists tightened to the point of bruising. "You have no right," his voice was dangerously low.

"What?" Her voice cracked.

"You think you're so special. You think your two years with him were special." She could never prepare her heart for what came necktie, "You're not." His grip only grew tighter, "I'm alone. And that's how I like it."

Kakashi pushed off of Y/n as she remained pressed to the tree. Tears fell freely, burning and blurring her vision. She scanned his eye and what she could see of his face. She tried finding something, anything. Emotionlessly, he stared back at her. That single eye was dark and empty.

She wanted to reason with him, somehow, "Kakashi, I-"

"Just leave me alone, Y/n!" He finally had enough of her. But Y/n had enough of him too.

*smack*

The sound of her tiny hand striking his clothed cheek rang throughout the air. She took off running, tears trailing behind her. Kakashi watched for a moment, hoping the young woman would leave him be. Deep down, they both longed to be close to someone, anyone. Neither knew what the future held, but they were all the other knew.

*** Time Skip ***

"It's a late birthday present." Asuma offered Y/n a box.

"Really?!" Y/n squealed happily.

Y/n accepted the box and turned to place it on her desk. She ripped the present open and gasped in awe at the sight before her. Her fingers ghosted over the shiny metal. She listened to Asuma as she traced the feathers.

Mysterious Kunoichi (Part 1 of 2 in the MK Series)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara