Alpha and Queen

Kakashi had a mission, overnight mission, and I was panicking. If Kakashi knew as he left, he didn't say anything. We also hadn't discussed my leaving the apartment the other day, nor the strange look he gave me when we left Asuma's. Rowan knew though, Rowan was pacing and on edge. The sun had set and I was currently showering, hearing his paws pad outside the door. That same taunting razor blade glared at me and I punched the wall, tile breaking and blood on my knuckles. Lightning bounced from my knuckles to my shoulder and I shivered slightly.

I had three options in my mind:

1. Become the cold. Heartless killer I should be
2. Rely on everyone else and become a meek little mouse
3. Have a breakthrough and manage this like I should

I needed to pick 3, but 2 was easiest, 1 was the most likely. Fucking shit. I took deep breaths and straightened myself. I finished my shower and bandaged my hand before heading to the kitchen. I held the fridge door opened and looked at the sake and left overs. Sake... another crutch. Just tonight. Just tonight would be okay, right? I grabbed the food and tossed it in the microwave, then pulled out the sake and poured a cup.

"Is that wise?" Rowan questioned my actions.

"It'll help me sleep."

"You're lying to yourself."

"How?" I held the cup.

"One drink won't do shit. But you don't need any at all." He was right, about both things.

The cup to my lips the microwave beeped, making me repent and put the cup down. I grabbed the food and sat down, actually eating the food, entirely. My appetite was slowly returning. I had three days until my exam and meeting with Tsunade. I was going to have Kakashi be my 'witness' for talking to someone. Though no one knew the details, I was hoping she wouldn't force me to divulge them. If she did, I'd see Shikaku, he was who I should talk to about it anyway.

I cleaned up my mess and sat on the couch, my mind bouncing from one extreme to another. Elbows on my knees and head in my hands, I wanted to scream. I need a release and only one option was available, sex was off limits for another two to four weeks. I stood abruptly, actually startling Rowan. Once in the bedroom, I yanked my drawer open. That's right, I'm in Kakashi's apartment, but most of my clothes were here. My bracelet jingled as I pulled out clothes to train in. Lightning made the room light brightly before the clap of thunder filled the air.

"What are you doing?" Rowan questioned as I changed into a short, long sleeved top and capris.

"I need out of here."

"Hime-"

"I didn't say I was going alone."

"Doesn't matter. You shouldn't go out."

"I'm going to train."

"You're not released for duty."

"Rowan, you can join me, or I'll summon Sage."

"Do as you wish." He growled.

"Hn." I slammed the front door and summoned Sage immediately.

"Lady Y/n, is Rowan alright?"

"He's mad at me." I mentioned as I walked down the steps. "Are you coming?" I asked over my shoulder.

"Yes, M'Lady." Sage followed after me, the rain a slow drizzle at the moment.

As my mood soured more, the rain became heavier, lightning frequent and thunder booming. Sage didn't ask questions, he simply found a spot to lay, under the cover of a tree, and watched as I let lightning strike around me. I danced in the rain and electricity, letting the tingling sensation bring me back to life. The ferocity of the storm calmed, but the rain still poured down. I panted as I dropped to my knees, bending onto my hands as well. Sage trotted over, letting me know he was close.