Recovery

The next morning, nothing was mentioned about the night before. Genma never tried to pry and find out what happened. Why I returned to him a soaked, crying mess. He simply held me as I cried myself to sleep. I really felt like I was using him now. I woke up before him and decided to make breakfast as a thank you.

"It was delicious. Thank you." Genma complimented as he dried the dishes he refused for me to do.

"It was my way of saying thank you." I smiled from my spot at his island.

"How about that date you promised me? As a thank you." He smirked, facing me.

"I do have some spare time on my hands." I mused.

"I get off tonight at 6."

"I can meet you somewhere. I'm not sure what my day holds for me."

"How about the place next to the dango shop?"

"Okay. At 7? Gives you time to shower."

"I'll see you then." He kissed my forehead. "Just lock up when you leave." I nodded as he walked out the door.

I still had to wear loose pants, so that's all I packed. I opted for a looser shirt today too. My body was still tender to the touch. I felt strange not having my ANBU gear on, but I didn't even know where it was in the mess that was my apartment.

*** knock knock***

"Enter." Tsunade's voice called out.

"Y/n. How are you feeling?" The mess on her desk was smaller than normal.

"Sore. Otherwise I'm okay."

"Take a seat." She gestured to one of the chairs near her desk.

"I wanted to ask you a few questions." I wasn't going to waste time.

"I figured." Her hands had the familiar glow as she ran them over my wounds. "You're doing good it seems. Just keep taking it easy." I snorted on the inside.

"What are you willing to tell me? No, that's not where I want to start. Who was or is on my detail?"

She settled in a chair close to me, we were facing one another. "Kakashi. Asuma. Itachi. Jirayia."

"That's it?" She nodded. "When did it start?"

"Hiruzen."

"Why?" She shook her head no. "Do you know why?"

"I can assume."

"But you won't tell me." It wasn't a question.

"I can't. Not yet."

"Who else knows?" She shook her head again. She was only going to tell me so much, so I dropped it. "Was I monitored after my time with Jirayia?"

"He was sent to check in from time to time."

"Why was I even sent out of the village?"

"Training."

"But I wasn't made to come back." I pointed out.

"Hiruzen wanted you to come back when you were ready." She was holding something back.

"You assigned Kakashi to me when I arrived back. Having me move in next to him. My 'pre paid' apartment."

"No. That was purely coincidence."

"The apartment?"

"Yes."

"So he was asked to monitor me."

"Yes." A physical slap would've stung less.

"And now?"