Revelations

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking at my door. I grumbled to myself and stretched out to find the body that should've been next to me. Should've been. I was alone. I turned my head to glance at the clock, 2:28pm. Oops.

"I'm coming!" I called out as I headed to the door.

I raked my hands through my hair trying to tame it down. I checked the peephole to see Genma standing at my door. I unlocked the door and opened it.

"Genma, is everything okay?"

"Yes. Do you have a minute though?"

"Sure."

I moved aside to let him in and closed the door behind him. I took a seat on the couch and he did the same.

"Did I wake you?"

"Yea, I was up late."

He surveyed the room and saw the sake and two cups. His eyes danced over the sketch pads as well. I'm sure he was trying to decide how to word the question.

"Did Kakashi stay?"

"For a bit."

"So you turned me down because of him?"

"First of all, I don't owe you an explanation. We aren't dating. Second, we did not have sex, we just talked. Third, you have no right to talk, since you went home with Anko."

Genma raised his hands in surrender, "You're right. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed."

"It's okay." I shrugged.

"And I'm sorry about last night. I was out of line. We aren't dating, so kissing you in public was out of line as well."

"Thank you for apologizing, Gen." I smiled and leaned my head against his shoulder.

"I was wondering."

"Yes?" I sat up and looked at him.

"As a way to apologize, can I treat you to dinner?"

I didn't miss the way he couldn't hold eye contact. Or the barely there blush that tinted his cheeks.

"A date?" I teased.

"If you'd like."

"I'd love to, Gen." I kissed his cheek. "Can I ask why?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you want to take me on a date?"

"Honestly?"

"Of course."

He hesitated, "When I woke up this morning, next to Anko, all I could think about was you."

It was my turn to blush. Talking about sex and other lewd activities was one thing. Start romancing me, and I'm a hot mess.

"Gen."

He moved to face me more fully, turning his body towards mine. "I'd like to get to know you better. There's just something about you."

I was skeptical. I'm nothing special. What could he possibly see in me? I gave a soft smile and leaned in for a quick peck.

"A date sounds nice."

"Are you free tonight?" He asked while standing.

"Yes." I stood with him.

"Dinner and a walk?"

"That sounds perfect."

"Great." His smile was the biggest I've seen from him, "Does 6 work?"

"Yes."