A Name

A week had passed and I didn't see Kakashi at all. I wasn't sure if he was even in the village, I didn't even pass him walking through town. I had a couple of days left before Tsunade was even willing to discuss my placement anywhere. I had spent the week training inside and outside the village. I even summoned Rowan one day and worked with him. My summon was on edge after what happened, and almost insisted upon staying with me all the time.

Today I had decided to stay in. It was cloudy and dreary out. Misting on and off all day. I had the balcony door open. I was dressed in sweat pants that were pulled up to my knees and a f/c tank top that stopped above my bellybutton. I grabbed one of my scrolls and rolled it out onto my coffee table. It was a sealing scroll. It held multiple sketch pads I had from over the years.

I picked one up from my time with Jirayia and flipped through it. I mostly did rough sketches of people during specific events. There's one of Jirayia during a book signing that's my favorite, his smile was so genuine I stored it in my memory for later. I did have a few landscapes here and there, but not many. Animals I crossed paths with. The different summons Jirayia and Tsunade have. I even had a few I made of Kakashi's nin-kin from memory.

I sat that one aside and picked up the one from my time with Zabuza. My heart ached as I held it. I flipped a few pages in and stopped. It was Zabuza without his bandages on his face, shirtless. The sketch was from just below his chest and up. He had a soft smirk on his lips and eyes were playful. This was only a couple of months before he died.

I heard voices outside my front door and sat the book down on my table. I moved to the door and listened, trying to determine who it was.

"Dammit Kashi-kun, just talk to me!" It was a woman, not Anko.

"I don't have time for this. I'm going to be late."

"You're always late." The woman snapped.

What in the world?

I quickly switched from my sweats to shorts and strapped my tanto on. I swung my door open and closed it behind me. I turned to face the woman, who was standing just outside Kakashi's door. Kakashi stood in his doorway, I couldn't tell if he was coming or going.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I don't mean to interrupt. Are you ready for the meeting Kakashi?"

Why am I saving his ass?

I could see his eye crinkle, he was smirking. She was a civilian and had a look of shock on her face.

"You were serious?" She whipped her head back at him.

"Of course." He closed the door behind him and moved towards me, "We don't want to keep Lady Tsunade waiting." He added for extra measure.

"Will I see you later?"

I was still facing her, but Kakashi had to turn his head to look at her. The look on her face was pure desperation.

"I'm not sure." He faced me again, "Let's go."

I spun on my heel and placed my hands behind my head casually. We made our way down the stairs and into the village. He pulled out his signature book and followed wordlessly.

"Where are you going?" We had walked all the way to Ichiraku's before he spoke.

"I'm hungry." I shrugged, "Want to join?"

He didn't answer me, but took a seat in the stall and pocketed his book. I sat to his right. We were greeted excitedly, like always. We both ordered and waited in awkward silence.

"You need to tell her you're not interested." I scolded.

"I have."

"I'm assuming you're still sleeping with her. That shows interest."