Together

It's been a week since I woke up in the hospital. A week since Kakashi said those three words to me. A week since my life went from one unknown to another. Kurenai helped me shower that day, me huddled and crying in the shower as she sat at the edge of the tub, rubbing soothing circles on my back. I broke down and told her everything, well, about Hidan and the baby. That everything. Kakashi hasn't pried at all, something I was grateful for, but knew he would eventually ask. I was waiting patiently for Tsunade today, I should be released today.

"You seem like you're excited about today." Kakashi's voice had me smiling and looking to the door.

"Ramen?" I perked up even more.

"Of course, kitten. To celebrate you coming home."

"She hasn't been here yet." He sat everything down and started pulling out our food. "Why do you keep saying 'home'?"

His movements stilled before he continued moving, "We live next door to each other."

"Dog." I warned.

"It just came out that way. You can stay at your apartment, or mine, you know that."

He handed me my ramen and I smiled, "Thank you."

Kakashi kissed my forehead through his mask and settled down in the chair beside my bed. There was a lot to discuss, a lot of unanswered questions and those answers needed to be said too. Including the home situation, I knew why Kakashi said it, but I doubt I'd be moving in with him. I know we just had a breakthrough moment, saying 'I love you' to one another, but, I don't think I can do it.

"Hime, you ready?" Tsunade's voice stopped my mind from going down the dark path it had been all week.

"Yes." I grinned.

Kakashi stood and moved the chair away, allowing Tsunade to step closer. She let her hands glow with her soothing chakra and they slid over my body. She smiled softly at me before patting my cheek slightly.

"You're all clear. You're going to be sore and uncomfortable, but you're all healed. I'll see you in three weeks unless you need something, okay?"

"Okay."

"You also need to talk to someone."

"But-"

"No 'buts'. I won't clear you until someone can come to me and tell me you talked to them. Or, you can just talk to me." I looked down at my lap and sighed. "You have three weeks. Or longer, but it's up to you." I simply nodded. "I'll sign everything while you change."

Tsunade left and I threw the covers off of me, moving to dangle my legs off the bed. Kakashi grabbed my clothes and sat them next to me. I stood up, legs shaking slightly, but I managed to remain straight. Kakashi's hands moved to untie the gown and flinched.

"Wait." I breathed.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't want you to see me." I wouldn't look at him as I spoke, my voice small and weak. "Not like this."

Kakashi stood in front of me, unmoving, he gripped my chin and moved my head to look at him. "Kitten, please, let me help you. I never want to see you hurt, ever, but I want to know what the man did, so I can do the same to him. Before I kill him."

"Kashi-" his clothed lips pressed mine, silencing me. Distracting me as he untied the gown.

He stepped away as the gown fell, only my bra and panties covering my body. I looked away again, ashamed and exposed. I heard a growl come from Kakashi and I could feel the anger rolling off of him. Delicate, skilled fingers traced the scars, stitches and bruises before I was pulled into a hug. I relaxed into his touch and let him hold me before I finally wrapped my arms around him as well.