Travels

I laid awake not wanting to move. I didn't want to face Rowan or Kakashi. Rowan would surely have a lecture of some kind for me. Kakashi, we still needed to address the night before last, and I was still hurt by last night. Ugh!

I stood and slipped my clothes back on. I took my scroll with my quiver and bow and unsealed them. I slipped the quiver on and stepped out from the tent. The sun was just peeking out from the horizon. Perfect.

"Rowan?" I called out in a hushed whisper.

"Morning Lady Y/n."

"Morning." I reached my hand out and pet the gentle giant. "I want to hunt. Can you smell anything near by?"

Rowan turned and began sniffing the air. I heard a rustle of Kakashi moving but remained where I was. Kakashi moved to stand next to me. His hair was even more of a mess than usual as he ran his fingers through it.

"Morning." He mumbled.

"Morning." I was still focused on Rowan.

"What are you doing?"

"Hunting for breakfast." I finally looked at him with a small smile.

He arched a brow but didn't speak. Rowan jerked his head to the east and I moved to follow. Kakashi fell in line behind me and we slinked through the woods a bit. Rowan stopped and pointed with his muzzle towards the deer in the distance. I took an arrow from my quiver and notched it in my bow. I raised the bow and steadied my breathing. The arrow whizzed through the air and hit its target.

"Rowan." He dashed off quickly as I turned back to camp. "If you'll gather wood, I'll skin and clean the deer." I glanced over my shoulder to see Kakashi looking to where Rowan was retrieving the deer. "What?" I asked.

He turned to follow me, "I've never seen you shoot."

"If you hadn't avoided me so much when I was younger, that wouldn't be the case." I walked away.

By the time Kakashi returned with enough wood, I had the deer halfway butchered. Fillets laid out and Rowan gnawing on his portion.

"Where did you learn to do that?"

"A butcher. I asked him to show me so I could hunt if I wasn't near a village. Plus, I could sell and trade meat and furs."

"Don't look too impressed." Rowan snorted.

I gave a small laugh at the comment.

"It's impressive." Kakashi shrugged.

Kakashi had the fire ready and we began roasting the meat. I debated if I was going to ask about the other night. It needed to be discussed. In my eyes at least.

"Can I ask you a question?" I didn't look up from the fire.

"Yes." Kakashi answered.

Rowan sat quietly, still chewing on a bone.

"Are we just going to ignore the other night?"

I could feel him looking at me, "What about it?"

"Never mind. It's no big deal, obviously."

"If you want to talk about it, then lets talk about it."

I shook my head, "It's fine. You already said it was a mistake. A common word you use when talking about me."

"I didn't say it was a mistake. I said it shouldn't have happened."

"There's a difference?" I finally cut my eyes to him, he was looking at me like I had two heads. "Just forget about it, Kakashi."