Love?

I woke up the next morning with an emotional hangover. I looked ragged and rundown and I hated it. Why did he effect me so damn much? He's one man. One man who wanted nothing to do with me for so long. I was an annoying kid he couldn't seem to get rid of. Even now, it was like he couldn't decide what to do with me. One second he's belittling me and the next he's kissing me. An annoyed sigh fell from my lips as I got out of bed.

I dressed in black shorts and one of my shirts where the left side was sleeveless and the right was long sleeved. I wrapped my my thighs in bandages, attaching my kunai pouch to the right and my hitai-ate to the left. Tanto in place, and hair in a ponytail, I made my way to Tsunade.

As I closed my door, I saw Kakashi walking up the stairs with a bag of groceries. I debated on what to do for a moment. The second his eyes landed on me, I disappeared in a puff of smoke and lightening.

"Come in!" Tsunade shouted after I knocked.

I pushed open the doors, "Good morning!" I chimed as I entered.

"Y/n, what brings you by?"

"You said two weeks off."

She laughed lightly, "Can't wait to get to work?"

"I'm bored out of my mind."

"Well, are you wanting to join the ANBU again?"

"I'm not sure. I guess I could always be a backup if they need me. It's up to you really." I shrugged.

"I do have an intel mission I need someone to do today. You'll probably be gone a week. Do you think you can be ready this afternoon?"

Excitement washed over me, "Yes ma'am."

"Excellent. Go see Ibiki when you're ready."

"Hai!" I bowed and made my way out.

I felt like a kid in a candy store. I was so excited the smile on my face wouldn't disappear. I made my way back home to pack. One week on a mission wasn't that long at all. I grabbed my scroll that had my quiver and bow sealed it in. I packed extra scrolls and weapons, along with a couple changes of clothes. I'd wear a half vest from the ANBU over my shirt, leaving my stomach exposed. I threw the pack over my shoulder and bounced happily out the door.

"Y/n?"

Dammit.

"Yes?" I turned to face Kakashi.

"Where are you off to in a hurry?" He was on edge it seemed.

"Ibiki. I have a mission."

"ANBU? I didn't think you'd go back in."

"Me either." I shrugged "Things change. I gotta go."

I spun on my heel and walked away without another word. I didn't allow him to respond either. I didn't want a lecture. I didn't really want to talk to him at all. I didn't want to see him.

"Ibiki-san?" I peeked my head into his office.

"Ah, Y/n, I'm glad you could come on such short notice."

"Of course. Lady Tsunade said you had a mission for me."

He nodded, "Take a seat."

I dropped my pack and sat down on the opposite side of his desk. Ibiki shuffled through a few pages and handed me a folder. I took it from him and skimmed over the information.

"I'm going to Suna?"

"Is that a problem?"

"No. I just hate sand." I laughed.