Protect

**Trigger Warning**

Kakashi POV:

I sat with my head in my hands, trying to not let my mind get the best of me, I was failing miserably at it. All I could think about was Rowan's words, telling me that Hidan was the one who captured her. Her condition was less than ideal, and Tsunade has refused to discuss it with me so far.

When Sakura reached me in the middle of the road the day we found her, she remained silent and worked diligently. I carried Y/n on my back the entire way, only stopping for Sakura to examine her during the two day journey home. When we arrived, Sakura immediately went for Tsunade as I headed to the hospital.

When Tsunade arrived, she shooed me from the room, demanding I shower and then return. When I retuned, Y/n was bandaged and changed into the crisp white hospital gown. Her beautiful h/c hair fanned around her head and she was sleeping peacefully. Monitor beeping in reassurance she was still alive, IV attached and a few bags working into her body.

"I've always loved you." Her dying words. She thought she was dying and all she could think of was me. All she wanted to do before she died was to see me and tell me she loved me. I looked up and reached for her hand, it was cold and lifeless at the moment, she seemed pale and fragile. Could I offer her the same words? They were true words, but I had promised myself to keep my distance from her.

Yet, here I sit, a full day later, disheveled and distraught, waiting for my precious kitten to wake up. I wanted to be here when she woke, though I should let Iruka be the first she sees. I rested my head on the edge of the bed, fighting the urge to lay next to her and hold her close. Tsunade gave me strict instructions not to do so.

It was now night, I stood with the window open, gazing at the large moon that hung high in the dark sky. My vest was laying across the chair and I stood with my arms crossed. I heard the door slide open and looked over my shoulder to see familiar faces, but I was surprised by two of them. Jirayia and Naruto.

Rowan padded in behind them, Tsunade the last to enter, closing the door behind her. Rowen placed his head on the bed, nudging the sleeping woman's feet. Naruto stood at her bedside as well, laying his hand atop hers. Naruto's normally happy and bubbly attitude was no where in sight. He seemed exhausted and... lost. Jirayia placed a hand on his shoulder before speaking.

"Go rest Naruto, we need to leave in the morning."

Naruto only nodded before flicking his eyes up to me, "Take care of her, Sensei." His voice was devoid of emotion as he spoke. I offered a curt nod before Naruto turned to leave, closing the door behind him.

"She's in a medicine induced coma at the moment." Tsunade paused as she approached the sleeping woman's bed. "I'm not sure how she walked at all the day you found her, she should've been in excruciating pain." Tsunade brushed the hair from Y/n's face and smiled lovingly before continuing. "Multiple contusions across her entire body. Jaw is bruised, almost dislocated. Upper and lower ribs, front and back have multiple hairline fractures."

"What in Kami's name did they do to her?" Jirayia mumbled.

"Her right thigh has a minor hairline fracture on her femur, her thighs, and shins are all bruised. Both of her shoulders were punctured, but no bones broken or damaged at all."

"The one with threads imbedded in his body did it, it's how he immobilized her." Rowan spoke quietly.

"Internal damage is fairly minor, but still present." Tsunade paused, I could see the tears welling and threatening to fall. Jirayia placed an arm around her, rubbing her shoulder soothingly. "Someone-he- they- she-" Tsunade sobbed suddenly and my heart fell. I had an idea of where she was going with her words. "She was raped." She finally managed.