Confession

When I woke I bolted up right before the memories of Tobi came rushing back in. I took a moment to steady my breathing, remembering that I asked for him to blindfold me. I felt the bed move, indicating I wasn't alone, Tobi's scent wafted into my nose and I relaxed slightly.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded, "Yes. Just-just a nightmare." I answered honestly. I was trusting a complete stranger with my darkest secrets.

"You must be starving, I'll bring you some fruit and bread." Tobi's voice was soothing to me, calming and reassuring. I nodded and felt him move from the bed.

I sat up, slowly, my body screaming in pain, my back against the headboard and pillow now in my lap. What was I going to do? Did I want to go back home? Part of me did, but part of me didn't want to. I didn't want to face anyone. That prick Danzō could burn to death for all I care, but if word traveled to him of Tanaka's death, maybe he would give me the scroll.

"Here." The bed dipped and I felt a bowl was placed in my hands.

"Thank you."

"I'll step out so you can take the blindfold off."

"Stay." I'm sure I sounded desperate, "please." I asked a little more calmly.

"If you'd like."

"Yes."

I felt in the bowl and found various fruit and a slice of bread. I ate slowly, my jaw hurting from a few of the hits I had received from Hidan. I tried to not think of what had happened in that cell, but how could one forget? I needed to talk myself out of this dark depression I was headed down.

"I'll return to the hideout tonight and use a genjutsu on Hidan. After that, I'll help you find the road to Konoha."

"Can I rest here a little longer?" I really didn't want to go home.

"You're chakra is extremely low, I doubt you can even call your summons. You need medical attention, and quickly. I should make you return now." I remind quiet and no longer picked at the food he offered me. "You don't want to go back."

"No." I whispered. "How can I face anyone?"

"You're The Archer of the Leaf. A strong kunoichi, and a feared shinobi of all five Great Nations. You will take this pain, and this hate, and use it on your enemies."

His words burned with passion, but passion wasn't something I had any longer. "You sound so sure."

The bowl was moved from my lap and then the pillow as well. Tobi pulled me to him and I let him, no fight was left in me. I winced as he moved me to straddle him, my body protesting at the movements. His hands cupped my cheeks, one hand smooth and tender, the other rough and hardened.

"You're beautiful, you're strong and you're determined. Don't let anyone else tell you different. Don't let anything that happens to you make you think differently. You're Y/n, and while you may be a weapon of the Leaf, you're so much more than that."

He wiped the tears away as they fell and pushed his lips to mine. I let him kiss me again, but this time I kissed back, finding a strange comfort in the kiss. He pulled away and guided my head to rest in the crook of his neck. He laid back, taking me with him, arms wrapped around me protectively.

"Rest a little longer. I'll wake you when it's time."

Tobi stroked my hair in a loving manner, making me wonder who this man was even more. I could feel my body become heavy and sleep was easily found. I likely passed out in all honesty, I was unsure of how long I had even been in that cell. Hidan only fed me twice, scraps at that. Konan never came to bathe me though.